No announcement yet.

Citizenship app denied - can i reapply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship app denied - can i reapply?

Hi
    My husband and I applied for naturalization last year, got fingerprinted and went for our interview. However, we had applied too soon after moving to a new state. (I missed reading the 3 months in same state requirement)

I got a clear denial letter, but the letter does not say if and when I can reapply.

My husband has not received anything (its been 8 months since the interview). When we call, they are not able to track the application.

Can we both go ahead and reapply? I dont want to waste another 700+ bucks and further jeopardize our case.

Would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks
    Deepa

If you have met the residence requiremnt........is it 3 months or is it 6?....then you can go ahead and reapply.
    Since your husband has not received a denial, make an infopass appt and take the receipt notice and whatever else documentation you have and see if they can find it. The person doing his may not have caught the error and his is still alive or even if its denied, at least youlll have an offciial denial letter

Comment

Thanks for your response.

We satisfy the US residency requirements well. There is a requirement of 3 months in a particular state before applying.. they said this is to prevent people moving in order to take advantage of a particular processing center.

We got transferred to Maryland from Texas and without noticing the 3 month requirements, filed our app right away and got rejected. After 9 months in Maryland, we are back in Texas for the last 4 months and want to apply again.

Has anybody faced similar situation?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X