Citizenship application: traffic speeding ticket citation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship application: traffic speeding ticket citation

My wife and I are going to apply for naturalization. In filling out the form N-400, Part 10, Section D (Good Moral Character), Question 16 asks:
    Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer (including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason?

Do we have to disclose the traffic citations we have received for speeding in the past. My wife has one citation back in around Feb 2002, and I have one from the same time as well as another one in Feb 2005. I had another one back in 1992. All of these citations had fine of under $200.

Is it expected to ignore minor traffic citations especially as the Instructions for N-400 state that:
    Note that unless a traffic incident was alcoholor drug related, you do not need to submitdocumentation for traffic fines and incidents that didnot involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was afine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license.

If we do have to mention these citations, what documents should we be submitting along with N-400.

Thanks,

SMA_97

no worries...

check the past threads. IMMIHELP himself/herself has specified that one does not have to provide any info for minor infractions.
    If (Arrest/DUI )
    {
    then provide proof
    }
    else goto: A;

A: Submit the form;

:-)

Good luck !

Comment

I forgot to mention...

Drive slow !
      Peace :-)