Citizenship interview completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship interview completed

I and my wife recently had our interview in Tennessee. We arrived at the USCIS office 20 minutes in advance. The officer was friendly. We were called in one after another by the same officer. This helped us to take care of our children. We were told to produce our licence, green card and passport (original). Each of us were asked about 6 - 7 questions. All are from the list of questions available in this site. We answered all the questions correctly. We were told to write a simple sentence in the interview letter. We were told by the officer that we passed the interview and we would getting a letter soon about the location and date of Oath ceremony. An interesting thing happened for my wife. While filling up N-400, there was a space in the first name between first 5 characters and the remaining name. The officer told my wife that the judge requested her not to have 2 first names, and she be allowed to change her name. We never opted for a name change, though she had planned for one after acquiring the citizenship. My wife asked the officer if this will delay the citizenship process. The officer replied that this happens all the time and she can change her name any way she wants and there won't be any delay due to this. My wife thought this would be the right time to change her name and she did. The officer mentioned that within 3 weeks time we would be getting a letter about the venue of oath ceremony. Its almost a week and we're waiting with our fingers crossed.

We did not opt for name change after reading many posts in this website that this would delay the process.

So you took your kid(s) with you in to the waiting room and took turns holding them? Do they allow kids there?
    We have our interview on 11/9 an we have a 5 month old baby that we do not want to put with a baby sitter that day if possible.
    Thanks

Comment

Taking kids to Citizenship interview

Originally posted by KCDude
      So you took your kid(s) with you in to the waiting room and took turns holding them? Do they allow kids there?
      We have our interview on 11/9 an we have a 5 month old baby that we do not want to put with a baby sitter that day if possible.
      Thanks
      Sure, you can take your 5 month old with you to the interview. I saw a lady who took her baby in a stroller, when she was called.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X