Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4506 or 4506-T

Hello,
    This is in regards to the Tax information that we need to provide INS to get/file for our citizenships.
    I looked at the website http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq-kw31.html for getting me a copy of my Tax information. I saw two things.
    1. Request for Copy of Tax Return ( 4506 ) which is $39.00
    2. Tax return and transcripts ( 4506-T) which is free for the last 3 years.

My question are two folds:
    1. Which ones should I go for?
    2. If it is 4506, Is it correct that I pay 39.00 for all the 5 years or is it ($39.00 X 5 )?
    3. If it is enough for us to go for 4506-T, the website ( shown above ) say's that I can get my tax transcripts for the last 3 years, then what do I need to do for the remaining other 2 years. I need the tax information for the last 5 years, isn't it.? That's what I read in this forum.

Need help.....

Thanks

Netra

Naturalization guide

Do go through the naturalization guide carefully.

I don't remember but I think you need 3 years of your IT tax return copies.

Don't you have the copies of the returns that you filed in the last three years? You just need those copies. You don't need to get anything from the IRS.

Good luck.

Comment

Depends on case

It is 3 years if you are applying on the basis of marriage to a US citizen. For other cases it is required only if you have had a trip that lasted more than 6 months. However, it is not clear whether only return for the year during which you had the trip has to be provided or for all 5 years.

If you did not have trips lasting more than 6 months then the IRS transcripts should not be needed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X