San Antonio TX Oath Ceremony Time Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Antonio TX Oath Ceremony Time Frame

Has anyone here had a recent citizenship interview at the San Antonio TX USCIS and, if so, have you received a date for the oath ceremony? I had my interview one March 18th and was approved for citizenship, but the oath ceremony has not been scheduled yet and my completion date shows as 4 months - July. I really hope they don't make everyone wait until their big 4th of July ceremony.

I had my interview on March 21st, my completion date shows as 4 months. Also the officer said it will be 120 days. Also i have read people saying it takes 2 to 3 months for oath ceremony after interview.

Comment

Antony, thanks for the info, sorry for the late reply, I just now saw your post. I received my oath ceremony date the day after I posted my question. It's on the 18th, in just a couple days. Hope yours is quick as well, best wishes to you.

Comment

Originally posted by TXCat View Post
        Antony, thanks for the info, sorry for the late reply, I just now saw your post. I received my oath ceremony date the day after I posted my question. It's on the 18th, in just a couple days. Hope yours is quick as well, best wishes to you.
        Nice congrats, i havent received mine yet.

Comment

Thank you, I hope your ceremony is scheduled quickly!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXCat View Post
            Thank you, I hope your ceremony is scheduled quickly!!
            How long was the ceremony? Is there any option to apply for passport at ceremony?
            My wife has name change, i think thats why it takes long for us.
            Thanks

Comment

The ceremony was at the UTSA Institute of Texan Cultures and took quite a while, not sure if that's the case at every location. Start time was 12 noon, we got there at about 10:45 and the parking lot was full, so had to park in the Tower of the Americas parking lot. If your ceremony is there, show up super early or be prepared to pay to park, I think it was $15.

The welcome packet includes a passport application and a voter registration card, but I didn't see (nor were we told) anywhere to apply for a passport right after the ceremony. You might check with USCIS when you get your ceremony date, they should be able to tell you.

Just a heads up, if your ceremony is at the Institute and you are bringing family, family members are NOT allowed in the room. They have to stand behind cordoned off areas on the side and there are no seats for them at all. We did not leave until about 2:45 because even though start time was at 12, the actual ceremony did not start until 2 pm. So people were literally standing for hours.

Comment

Thanks for the information, very helpful.

Comment

You are welcome, hope you get your date soon.

Comment

Hi antony75

Have you received the oath ceremony letter?

I interviewed on 07th March at San Antonio TX and passed but yet to get the oath ceremony schedule.

Comment

I haven't received mine yet. Do you have name change? I heard name change take time.

Comment

I have my interview set for Nov 6th in San Antonio.

I have to travel for work Nov 16th to Dec 2nd (London and India).

What are the chances that the Oath Ceremony will be on the same day or within a couple of days in San Antonio? Has anyone had this happen to them in the past couple of months? (In this case, I'll have to figure out to get a new passport and Indian Visa in under a week)

If everything goes well in the interview, Can I show them my travel plans and ask for a later oath ceremony?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X