X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residency Question

hi
    i don’t know if i need more evidence but here is the situation;
    i am a us citizen as my mother is a us citizen, my father later naturalized i obtained my us citizenship derivatively through my mother when i was 32. My child is now seeking citizenship. I have easily met the residency requirements as a child I attended school here etc so i have the residency prior to 14 and after, however, here is the tricky part. My parents divorced long before i was 14. When I was 17 my father finally entered rehab and needed some help. I left to help him and lived with him for about 2 1/2 years, as i was not a citizen at that time i could not work, so i stayed with him he gave me an allowance etc. he relapsed pretty badly and basically dumped me on a street corner in Detroit for my mother to come and get me. I have no contact with him as a result of his continued behavior.
    if i do an affidavit testifying to this and my mother does an affidavit to testify to this, and i do have my high school records showing when i left school to move with him, would this be sufficient or will immigration need more evidence? I have all of my mothers proof that she was a us citizen and i’m Sure i can obtain vital statistics records showing my fathers residency here at the time.
    Thanks for any help, i just thought i would ask here before we spend thousands of dollars on an attorney for him/her to say no can do. I can also check the border crossing records to see if they recorded my entry and departure, although this was in the 80’s and i think i crossed the border with my library card....times have changed

responded in your other post (duplicate)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X