Social Anxiety Disorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Anxiety Disorder

I am a bit worried about my interview this Friday. My social anxiety and panic attacks in the last few months have been aggressive than usual and I am afraid I will not be able to go out in public to get my naturalization. I did hear about how I can have an officer come over to my home to do the interview and was wondering if anyone has done this or knows any more info about this? My anxiety causes hyperventilation and a very strong gag reflex that I've had for over 25 years. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I can't offer any information specific to the question you asked.

However, I believe that you may be able to get a significant benefit from looking into CBT as described in David Burns' books and particularly his most recent work on TEAM-CBT.

Two fantastic resources are his best-seller book called "Feeling Good" and his website that has a wealth of information and podcasts here:

Some of his podcasts relate specifically to SAD and the debilitating symptoms.

One of his books focused specifically on Anxiety and Panic attacks

After 25 years, you may have lost hope that any significant improvement is even possible. I think you will be pleasantly shocked and surprised when you find that significant relief really IS possible.

Comment

Thank you for giving me hope. I listened to a snippet on Amazon. I think I will buy the book this week. Thank you again.

Comment

Living with anxiety or depression is very difficult. My friend was depressed, it's a very sad sight. My friend was always sad and depressed. In such matters, without the intervention of a psychologist or therapist, you can not cope.

Comment

I've been suffering from anxiety for many years. Of course, I can take meds. But according to the Canadian pharmacy site, anti-anxiety drugs and antidepressants have many side effects and contraindications. That's why I prefer using natural ways of treatment. I should say, yoga and breathing exercises work for me.
          Last edited by BNic; 11-21-2021, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I have Generalized anxiety disorder. I eat and sleep well. I am physically fit. Tried meditation as well. Been anxious all my life. I had enough years ago and got medicated. Best decision I ever made. In retrospective, I was playing life in hard mode. I had zero long term side effects. Please dont take meds out of the equation. Good luck !

Comment

The most important cause of anxiety is lack of self-confidence. Also, BPD and PTSD are disorders with anxiety, depression, strong emotions, and fear. No one here can accurately diagnose a person with BPD or PTSD, but we can discuss and analyze the stories of those who have some symptoms from the list you'd provided. I've read about BPD on https://fherehab.com/learning/prolon...ma-and-c-ptsd/ just out of curiosity, and I discovered that I can notice many of those symptoms at my co-worker. It was an alarm for me to inform him and urge him to consult a doctor.
              Last edited by Sisabel; 12-14-2021, 10:19 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X