Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US citizenship, Still under green card - advise

Hello,

At this time I have my green card. In about 1 year I will be able to apply for the US citizenship.

Due to working reasons, my job will involve extensive travelling overseas (outside of USA), I might be in this job assignment for about 1 year. The intent is to travel for 2 months overseas, then come back to USA for 3 weeks, then go back overseas again. All this will happen for about 1 to 1.5 years.

My question is, under this situation, do you think this is going to affect or delay my application for the US citizenship?, or the fact that I leave for 2 months and come back will not affect such process?

Please advise. Thanks.

Originally posted by pelelo View Post
    Hello,

At this time I have my green card. In about 1 year I will be able to apply for the US citizenship.

Due to working reasons, my job will involve extensive travelling overseas (outside of USA), I might be in this job assignment for about 1 year. The intent is to travel for 2 months overseas, then come back to USA for 3 weeks, then go back overseas again. All this will happen for about 1 to 1.5 years.

My question is, under this situation, do you think this is going to affect or delay my application for the US citizenship?, or the fact that I leave for 2 months and come back will not affect such process?

Please advise. Thanks.

so for 1-1.5 years, your stay in the USA will be around 3 weeks at a time after a lengthy period overseas? have you calculated the total estimated time you will be in the USA, vs overseas for the next 1-1.5 years period? if the total time spend in the USA will be less than 6 months (meaning you spend more time abroad), it will definitely jeopardize the n400 application as you might be deemed to have disrupted your continuous residency status.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X