No announcement yet.

N400 - Waiting for oath ceremony at Fairfax VA in January 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, my wife had Oath ceremony yesterday in Fair-fax, she asked about me from one of the staff there, the staff asked nothing changed after interview and my wife reply nothing, the staff bring a form from up stair and my wife filled it by my information, the staff said we will see result soon.
    @Riteside22, did you get any response?

Comment

ronmony No change.. what form is that? And what kind of details it asked for ?

Comment

I do not know what form was that. My wife filled it by my name and A-Number and receipt number, Nothing changed yet and still waiting.@Riteside22
        Last edited by ronmony; 02-19-2020, 11:50 PM.

Comment

@Riteside22 , I still waiting, nothing changed, How's ur case going?

Comment

ronmony .. nothing changed for me yet .. i plan to call uscis after wait time is over

Comment

Originally posted by Riteside22 View Post
              ronmony .. nothing changed for me yet .. i plan to call uscis after wait time is over
              @Riteside22, Hi, any change? where do you find wait time? Do you still have estimate time in your online account? Mine was Feb before but disappear middle of Feb and nothing show in my account about estimate time.And my status still stuck on "interview scheduled" even after my inquiry which they confirmed I attended interview.

Comment

Wait time is not available anymore .. no change for me yet..Since I reached 90 days from interview, I called and requested action on my approved application. I was given a confirmation number that the prosperity ave field office has been contacted to take action. I was told that I should hear back in 15-30 days that i doubt due to the pandemic .. hope everyone is trying best to follow CDC guidelines .. Keep us all posted and Take care

Comment

Hi Riteside22, your interview was 1 week before our interview, so I will send another inquiry next week, did you call 800-375-5283 or any other number? Since they close all offices to public, I am optimistic this will push the old case go faster, fingers cross!
                  I saw 1 post from Fairfax office which got updated for final approval and went to ceremony line on 19 March,(1 day after closing) https://www.immihelp.com/experience/....html#comments
                  So I think you will get new update before 1 April, BTW my officer name was HODGE, is this same of your officer?
                  I hope healthy and luck for everyone and I will post any news if I get, you take care too and be safe!

Comment

This is answer to my inquiry :

Thank you for your inquiry dated March 25, 2020. Requesting information about your N-400, Application for Naturalization:
                    As of March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has suspended routine in-person services
                    until at least April 7 to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). This will cause
                    further delays in your case.
                    Our system shows that your N-400 application, which was filed approximately May 28, 2019, is pending and is within our current processing time. To
                    determine current processing time within USCIS:
                    Visit https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ (https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/)
                    Select N-400; Application for Naturalization from the Form dropdown
                    Select the Washington Field Office processing the application from the Field Office dropdown
                    Click “Get Processing Time” link
                    If your receipt date is before the Case Inquiry Date, you can submit an “outside normal processing
                    time” service request online (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request).

So seems I must wait about 4.5 month for submitting an “outside normal processing time” inquiry, ( if they do not change "Receipt date for a case inquiry" again, they changed it last month and shift about 15 days backward).

@Riteside22, Waiting to hearing about your inquiry, I hope everyone is trying best to follow CDC guidelines. And wish good luck and health for all...
                    Last edited by ronmony; 03-26-2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Hi Riteside22, After 3 times inquiry USCIS send my inquiry to DC for answer and today I got a txt that my status changed, when checking my online account nothing changed, still show we scheduled interview but in the case status online " https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do " it shows >>> " Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOE933 **** ***, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. "
                      I do not know why my online account was not changed but I am happy for this new update, now waiting to see what will happen next and when this virus will stop, please be safe and let me know about your inquiry, I wish healthy and good luck for all.
                      Last edited by ronmony; 03-31-2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

A generic email that states that my application is approved and wait for oath scheduling

Comment

Congratulation, I got 2 update in my account too, 1) March 31, 2020 We Approved Your Application and 2) March 31, 2020 You Attended Your Interview
                          Also they shift office closing to 3 May, " Citizenship and Immigration Services has temporarily suspended routine in-person services through at least May 3 to help slow the spread of coronavirus"
                          So we must stay safe and wait for reopening the offices.

Comment

Hi Riteside22, I got new update today, ( ceremony letter in my document for 26 June 2020) . Hope you are doing well, good luck for all.

Comment

June 22nd for me, All the best!

Comment

My case is been approved on March 27th. I have not received any updates. Do they send Oath ceremony letter by mail or update status on USCIS site.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X