Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying N-400 self employed for 7 years... barely no income.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying N-400 self employed for 7 years... barely no income.

Hi,

Does anyone here have any experience in filing their citizenship while self-employed for 7 years?

I'm a software engineer and decided to work on my startup and created a mobile app that's generating me passive income.
    The app was in growing phase for several years so I was barely making an income.

I initially had an LLC company but dissolved it when I moved to a different state. I also pay my taxes.

The past few years, I ended up on Obama Care and then Medicaid.... though I never used my health insurance.

Do you guys think it's gonna be a problem when they see my taxes and I barely make an income for the past few years?

I can always get a job, but I really want to focus on my startup.

Should I proceed filing my N-400?

Thank in advance.

I think if you have a job and enough income to live and to pay tax then for your officer making a decision will be much easier than condition you explained. So my suggestion is try to start a full time job and try on your startup in parallel and apply for N400 same time cause it need almost 1 year to process. Stay safe and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy1015 View Post
      Hi,

Does anyone here have any experience in filing their citizenship while self-employed for 7 years?

I'm a software engineer and decided to work on my startup and created a mobile app that's generating me passive income.
      The app was in growing phase for several years so I was barely making an income.

I initially had an LLC company but dissolved it when I moved to a different state. I also pay my taxes.

The past few years, I ended up on Obama Care and then Medicaid.... though I never used my health insurance.

Do you guys think it's gonna be a problem when they see my taxes and I barely make an income for the past few years?

Thank in advance.

No, it's not a problem. As long as you can show that you filed taxes and did everything you were supposed to do, then you're fine.

Comment

Hi,

The past few years, I ended up on Obama Care and then Medicaid.... though I never used my health insurance..

Thank in advance.

Its Not a problem..!

Comment

Hi,
          The past few years, I ended up on Obama Care and then Medicaid.... though I never used my health insurance..

Thank in advance.
          I think, its not a big deal to focus on your startup.

Comment

I started a solo startup for the past 7 years. I financed it myself so I'm self-employed. You know startups, you don't make money for few years so I had very little income. But I paid my taxes. app On my employment history, I will put my LLC and title as Founder/CEO I used my savings to support myself. I am a software engineer so I can always get a day job if I run out of money.
            Last edited by kold121; 02-15-2022, 03:49 AM.

Comment

N-400 takes 1 year to process? It's too long time.
              Last edited by immihelp; 01-12-2022, 10:42 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Originally posted by kold121 View Post
                I started a solo startup for the past 7 years . I financed it myself so I'm self-employed. You know startups, you don't make money for few years so I had very little income. But I paid my taxes. On my employment history, I will put my LLC and title as Founder/CEO I used my savings to support myself. I am a software engineer so I can always get a day job if I run out of money.
                Well...good luck with your startup pal. And i suggest you get a job..In the n-400, it will take over a year. Well, it also depends on the USCIS field office handling the application. In that time, you sure get a good job.

Comment

Hey, OMG we are so same, as I am a Software Engineer and developed a game with my team but right now I barely have an income, I am also looking for a job N-400. Good luck to you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kold121 View Post
                    I started a solo startup for the past 7 years. I financed it myself so I'm self-employed. You know startups, you don't make money for few years so I had very little income. But I paid my taxes. apps On my employment history, I will put my LLC and title as Founder/CEO I used my savings to support myself. I am a software engineer so I can always get a day job if I run out of money.
                    Its good.. But I think its better to get a job

Comment

Hi,

Thank in advance.

Its really hard to start a startup while in a job.

Comment

Originally posted by ananyaverma View Post
                        Its really hard to start a startup while in a job.
                        Yeah, I have facing the same difficulty. It's very hard to go for a startup when you are engaged in any job. As you can't give your full time to any of them you will find yourself in the stress.

Comment

Originally posted by kimonlope View Post

Its good.. But I think its better to get a job
                          Yup getting a job is and will always be a better option. Those who want to take risk and want to pursue a business they are interested in, have to be a little cautious of the nature of the business and the risk of losing the capital. While the Job is a much safer option, it still requires you to do hardwork. So there's no escape from working hard, you just have to choose between either of the sacrifice.

Comment

N-400's processing time is too much for an average person

Comment

Hi,

If you can code good then I would suggest you to start reaching other clients in your free time so that you get that extra monetary support for your startup. Start ups are a tricky one man. You need all right variables to increase the odds of success. Create as much income sources as you soundly can. If you can't do freelance coding, apply for online teaching jobs.
                              Last edited by factom123; 07-08-2022, 10:15 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X