Stimilus Pay and Public Charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stimilus Pay and Public Charge

In 5 months I will be eligible to file N400. Thanks god I never needed to get any public assistance since I moved to USA but now this stimulus check sounds super sweet.

Some say this stimulus is not a form of public charge reading from recently announced public charge guidelines and trying to interpret it; but wanted to ask if any of you is aware of an official statement or announcement that whether this check is a public charge or not. You know, I don't want to risk my citizenship for $1,200. Thanks to all to who replied.

If you filed your tax return and put your bank information for direct deposit, there is nothing you can do to stop the money to enter your account.

So even if you return the money the question they ask is that if you ever received any public assistance. Of course, the stimulus check is not public assistance because that is only given to a certain number of people in certain circumstances (and they musk ask for it), this is different because most people will receive it and without them requesting it.

In other words, don't worry.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

There is discount for low income when filing N400, so there is not problem if someone need temporary public assistance by truth, the problem is when using public assistance by lie, also I am agree about what Enub4 explained about automatic stimulus check for all low-medium income.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X