Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selective service

Hi Guys,
    i'm gonna apply for citizenship this month, but i didn't register in selective service when i first came to US ( i was 25 years old). Because I didn't aware to register to selective service also Im 28 years old right now.
    i know that they may deny my application if i don't provide selective service number
    did any one have the same problem ?

Thank you

You may have been automatically registered when you got your green card. On the Adjustment of Status application as well as the immigrant visa application, I believe you agreed for them to register you automatically. You should check with the SSS for your registration. If they didn't register you automatically, you can argue that it was not a willful failure to register on your part.

Alternately, you can just wait until you turn 29 (3 years after you turn 26, since you are applying under the 3-year rule) and your failure to register won't affect your naturalization.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

You may also have been automatically registered if you got a driver's license. Quite a few states automatically register men aged 18-26 when they apply for driving privileges. I was in the U.S. on a F-1 visa and South Carolina automatically registered me. Look up your state here
      Last edited by ceci1073; 07-08-2020, 05:37 PM. Reason: link

Comment

You can go here and fill in your information. If you were automatically registered then you should show up here and be able to get your documentation. https://www.sss.gov/verify/

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X