Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-400 Naturalization Form / US Citizenship / Help Requested

Hi everyone,

I have been a green card holder since 04/23/2016 (April 23rd, 2016) and I want to apply for US citizenship. During my stay in the USA, I have only been overseas on multiple occasions for up to 4 months. Other than that I have lived and worked in the USA. I wonder when I am eligible for submitting the I-400 Naturalization Form. On April 23, it will be exactly 5 years of continuous residence in the USA and I have more than 30 months of permanent residence as well. Plus, I have never been outside of the country for more than 6 months. The longest time of my absence has been up to 2 months.
    As far as I know, one can apply 90 days prior to the date of the completion of the 5-year continuous residence. I would appreciate any legal feedback on this. Thank you

Yes you can apply 90 days prior to your green card date. Try to do it online if you can

Comment

Thank you. Do you know how long it takes in general? The civics test and English test come first before the interview?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie45646 View Post
        Thank you. Do you know how long it takes in general? The civics test and English test come first before the interview?
        Civics and English test can come before or after the interview. Officer may ask which way you would prefer. It’s very quick. Mine took 5 minutes tops

Comment

You sound eligible to me. You should apply online. However, it's too early to worry about the interview. If you read the threads, you will see that biometrics is the bottleneck. I waited 9 months for a biometrics appointment, only to get reuse.
          As for the interview, my exam was before the interview but I'd watched many youtube accounts of simulated interviews, and I'd seen it alternate.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. In the online section, the additional evidence what type of evidence is recommended? I scanned the front and back of my Green card, the marriage certificate, as well as the Selective Service Registration Certificate. Any other additional evidence do you think is required? What else would you guys recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Lina123 View Post

Civics and English test can come before or after the interview. Officer may ask which way you would prefer. It’s very quick. Mine took 5 minutes tops
              I had a family member who failed. She passed everything expect the "understanding" portion where she was asked to define and explain about communism. It all depend on the officer I guess.

Comment

Agree to what User2021 informed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X