Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rescheduling oath ceremony - questions

Hi Everyone,

I passed my interview on 09/13 and got the mail for oath ceremony for 10/20. However, due to medical emergency in my family back home, I had to reschedule my oath ceremony and I followed the instructions in the letter. I wrote a simple letter explaining the request and returned the form to USCIS field office. However, I have not heard anything back regarding new date and my online case status still shows 10/20 as my scheduled ceremony date.

Looking to this community’s guidance on the following questions:
    1. Can anyone share their rescheduling experiences and the timeline?
    2. What happens if my letter to USCIS falls through the cracks and I miss my originally scheduled date? Do they send a second and last invitation letter with new date?
    3. I was planning on talking to some agent to look into whether USCIS received my request. However new customer call service is automated and Infopass is no longer an option? How do I connect with a person who can provide me the answers?

thank you very much for your help!!!!

Originally posted by hy2934 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I passed my interview on 09/13 and got the mail for oath ceremony for 10/20. However, due to medical emergency in my family back home, I had to reschedule my oath ceremony and I followed the instructions in the letter. I wrote a simple letter explaining the request and returned the form to USCIS field office. However, I have not heard anything back regarding new date and my online case status still shows 10/20 as my scheduled ceremony date.

2. What happens if my letter to USCIS falls through the cracks and I miss my originally scheduled date? Do they send a second and last invitation letter with new date?
    3. I was planning on talking to some agent to look into whether USCIS received my request. However new customer call service is automated and Infopass is no longer an option? How do I connect with a person who can provide me the answers?

I am sorry that you were unable to meet the first invitation. I wish your family speedy recovery. Can you call the office where your interview was done and speak with them on what happened?
    Last edited by Hotaru-Grace; 10-15-2021, 10:26 PM.
    7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
    10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
    7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
    8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
    5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by Hotaru-Grace View Post

I am sorry that you were unable to meet the first invitation. I wish your family speedy recovery. Can you call the office where your interview was done and speak with them on what happened?
      Thanks for your wishes. I don’t see a number to call for my field office. Only number I see is their customer care which is automated and I am having a hard time connecting to a person. Has anyone been able to get past the automated stuff to a person? If so, can you please share how you did it?

thanks

Comment

Thanks for your wishes. I don’t see a number to call for my field office. Only number I see is their customer care which is automated and I am having a hard time connecting to a person. Has anyone been able to get past the automated stuff to a person? If so, can you please share how you did it?

thanks
        Yes it seems they 'improved' their automated customer service. I haven't figured how to get a human yet. When all fails go in person to the field office, go early and keep checking until someone comes to speak with you.
        7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
        10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
        7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
        8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
        5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Hi, don't know if you are still active on this forum. Did you take your Oath? How much delay was involved in your case after you asked to reschedule? Can you please share your experience. I am kind of in the same boat. Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X