Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedite Citizenship

Hey Guys,
    Hpe y'all are having a wonderful summer. Like the topic indicates I applied for my N-400 naturalization process in January of this year. My field office was in Albany( NY) if im not mistaken as I currently reside in NYC. Maybe any of you can help me out with my issue and give me some advices. My father live-in another country and I got a paper from his doctor that he is in diagnosed with Parkinson disease as well as some other underlying issues. I would have to travel to where he lives and take care of him since he doesn't have anyone else. I tried calling the USCIS number but with no results. Since my job is conducted remotely I can pretty much work from anywhere but the problem is that being a green card holder I can't overstay 6 months out of the country. Anyone has gone through an expedited process to get their US passport fast or how can I try and convince USCIS officers that I can't wait 14 months till they send me a notice of action.

Originally posted by Angelo1 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Hpe y'all are having a wonderful summer. Like the topic indicates I applied for my N-400 naturalization process in January of this year. My field office was in Albany( NY) if im not mistaken as I currently reside in NYC. Maybe any of you can help me out with my issue and give me some advices. My father live-in another country and I got a paper from his doctor that he is in diagnosed with Parkinson disease as well as some other underlying issues. I would have to travel to where he lives and take care of him since he doesn't have anyone else. I tried calling the USCIS number but with no results. Since my job is conducted remotely I can pretty much work from anywhere but the problem is that being a green card holder I can't overstay 6 months out of the country. Anyone has gone through an expedited process to get their US passport fast or how can I try and convince USCIS officers that I can't wait 14 months till they send me a notice of action.
    There is no way to expedite it. USCIS moves at its own pace. Put your focus on plan B: I am assuming you have 10 year GC (and are not dealing with i-751 removal of condition)....If I were you, I would apply for re-entry permit (though it may take some time for you to get it but apply anyway- hopefully you have someone who can check your mail for you while out of country), travel to the country where your father reside and be prepared to get back in US for your interview, when scheduled. Make sure to get a note from your father's doctor explaining his medical condition. When you come back to US for the interview, officer will ask you if you have been outside of the country since you applied for N-400. Be honest with your answer and then show him the letter and then explain the situation (family healthcare needs).

Once you have completed your citizenship interview/oath and have naturalization certificate, you can apply for same day passport service (due to emergency pending travel- you may want to buy a fully refundable ticket showing departure within 2 days of the day you apply- they may ask you for proof of pending travel). Applying for same day passport is not easy but it can be done. The available appointment may be in a different city and therefore it will cost you $$s.

Make sure you have plans to get back to US prior to 6 months period, in any event.

Wish you the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X