Traffic Violation Proof Necessary for Citizen Immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Violation Proof Necessary for Citizen Immigration

My wife is scheduled for a citizenship interview for immigration and it seems like they may ask for proof of a traffic violation such as a citation or notice if we had ever received one. We had a traffic violation few years ago and cannot find the receipt or any documentation of this at all. It was simply a parking ticket for street cleaning, since we didn't really know the area and parked in the wrong area at the time. Anyway, my question is this: Is this parking traffic violation citation notice even necessary to bring to an immigration citizenship interview?? It seems really petty and it's not even a moving vehicle violation. I just don't think this is anything to be concerned about but I just wanted to check if anyone experienced a similar circumstance or had to deal with this issue at all. Hopefully this issue isn't too critical for citizenship purposes, but I guess as someone who's not really sure and wants to be prepared as government interviews and paperwork are sometimes very particular especially when it comes to citizenship and immigration. Anyway, thanks for your help in advance with this. Hopefully it's nothing too critical or difficult to deal with this matter.

In application, did you answer "yes" or "no" to the question "Have you ever been cited by a law enforcement officer". If you had answered "no" then don't worry about this. If answered "yes", then if you don't have proof, don't worry about it either. Your wife can explain that it was a parking ticket and it was a long time ago. If you remember the name of the court where you paid the fine, you can call them and ask for proof of payment. They will send you. I had a speeding ticket from 2012 and my interview was in 2019. Since I knew the state, I called their department of motor vehicles who were able to give me the name of the court. I called the court and they mailed me a certified proof of payment.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyrose1999 View Post
      My wife is scheduled for a citizenship interview for immigration and it seems like they may ask for proof of a traffic violation such as a citation or notice if we had ever received one. We had a traffic violation few years ago and cannot find the receipt or any documentation of this at all. It was simply a parking ticket for street cleaning, since we didn't really know the area and parked in the wrong area at the time. Anyway, my question is this: Is this parking traffic violation citation notice even necessary to bring to an immigration citizenship interview?? It seems really petty and it's not even a moving vehicle violation. I just don't think this is anything to be concerned about but I just wanted to check if anyone experienced a similar circumstance or had to deal with this issue at all. Hopefully this issue isn't too critical for citizenship purposes, but I guess as someone who's not really sure and wants to be prepared as government interviews and paperwork are sometimes very particular especially when it comes to citizenship and immigration. Anyway, thanks for your help in advance with this. Hopefully it's nothing too critical or difficult to deal with this matter.
      What did you put Fuentes in the n-400?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X