Citizenship/Naturalization Tracker Boston 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship/Naturalization Tracker Boston 2023

Hi everyone. I want to track my process on this forum so hopefully someone else can benefit. I will update each time anything changes. A short background. I received my green card via marriage to a U.S citizen. I decided to wait until 3 months to my 5 years anniversary to File my N400. I also used a lawyer go through my application and he found some mistakes so it's a good idea to have a second set of experienced eyes to look though. My hope is to finish this process this summer!!

Timeline

1/30/23; Application Sent To USCIS

2/6/23; Received Confirmation text application was received.

Originally posted by Spininc1000 View Post
    Hi everyone. I want to track my process on this forum so hopefully someone else can benefit. I will update each time anything changes. A short background. I received my green card via marriage to a U.S citizen. I decided to wait until 3 months to my 5 years anniversary to File my N400. I also used a lawyer go through my application and he found some mistakes so it's a good idea to have a second set of experienced eyes to look though. My hope is to finish this process this summer!!

Timeline

1/30/23; Application Sent To USCIS

2/6/23; Received Confirmation text application was received.
    2/11/23; Biometric appointment sent out for 2/27

Comment

2/27/23: Went to do Biometrics in Rhode island. 45 min drive. Lady took my picture then had me scan two fingers. she told me i was all set. it took less than a minute. I said that was rather fast. she told me it was fast as they already had my fingerprints on file and i did not have to do them all over again. i wondered why they even had me come in the first place . oh well they need the money!!

Comment

2/27/23: Went to do Biometrics in Rhode island. 45 min drive. Lady took my picture then had me scan two fingers. she told me i was all set. it took less than a minute. I said that was rather fast. she told me it was fast as they already had my fingerprints on file and i did not have to do them all over again. i wondered why they even had me come in the first place . oh well they need the money!!

3/10/23; Interview scheduled for Form N-400, Application for Naturalization,

Comment

Your case is similar to mine. I live in Rhode Island.
          I applied for i751 in august 2021, no update since then.
          I applied for n400 in October 2022, status changed to “we are actively reviewing your case”.
          march 13,2023: received a 48month extension

Comment

i filed n-400 in august 2022, and it was handled by the IOE (electronic service center). Just received interview notice yesteday for may

Comment

4/18/23: Citizenship appointment completed, approved and took the oath an hour later in the Boston offices. My long journey is finally complete.

Comment

awesome congrats!!

Comment

4/18/23: Citizenship appointment completed, approved and took the oath an hour later in the Boston offices. My long journey is finally complete.
                  I have an appointment for an interview later this month at the Boston office. I am however flying out of the country the next day for a week. If approved do they give you an option to take your oath later? If so do you know how long after or if you have an option to pick your oath taking date?

Thanks in advance!​

Comment

Originally posted by user007007007 View Post

I have an appointment for an interview later this month at the Boston office. I am however flying out of the country the next day for a week. If approved do they give you an option to take your oath later? If so do you know how long after or if you have an option to pick your oath taking date?

Thanks in advance!​
                    During the interview let the officer know you will be out of the country for a week. They may even ask you before you have a chance to ask!! During my interview my officer asked me if I had any travel plans as she would schedule the Oath Ceremony around that. I would be shocked your officer doesn't also do the same!

Comment

Could you please tell us your timeline?

Comment

Originally posted by okccanary View Post

During the interview let the officer know you will be out of the country for a week. They may even ask you before you have a chance to ask!! During my interview my officer asked me if I had any travel plans as she would schedule the Oath Ceremony around that. I would be shocked your officer doesn't also do the same!
                        Thanks so much for the response, this is very reassuring,

Comment

Originally posted by Ostonatty View Post
                          Could you please tell us your timeline?
                          My wife and I both filed our N-400 at the Boston office in mid Feb 2023, were scheduled for our biometrics in mid March and have our interview in mid June.

Comment

Congratulations. That was fast.
                            I filed my N400 early November 2022, and nothing up till date.

Comment

I finally saw an update to my N400 case yesterday.
                              ”interview scheduled”. I’m so excited.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X