Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-751 24 month extension letter expiring, what do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 24 month extension letter expiring, what do I do?

I filed for my I-751 at the end of August to the beginning of September 2021. Received one extension letter for 24 months on the 8th of September 2021. I did my biometrics in person and then received another 24 month's extension letter in November 2021.

It is now 2023 and the 24 months extension letter is expiring this year. Anyone with experience in this kind of situation, please let me know what you did to extend your proof of legal status.

I also read on the USCIS website that was posted on the 23rd of January, 2023 that they were supposed to give all pending i751 a 48 months extension letter which I have still had not received. You can read it here: https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alert...-form-i-751-or

Requesting an in-person appointment to get another extension is somewhat impossible because there is no option to do so living in the USA. Calling the number that was given by the USCIS website is impossible as well as we know the robot will take you in circles.

Please, anyone able to share your experience so that we are able to know what the next step is. I know I am not the only one going through this situation. So those of you who are going through the same thing feel free to post your experience and share knowledge as well.​
    Last edited by lornapleiades; 02-26-2023, 09:50 PM. Reason: grammar

Originally posted by lornapleiades View Post

I filed for my I-751 at the end of August to the beginning of September 2021. Received one extension letter for 24 months on the 8th of September 2021. I did my biometrics in person and then received another 24 month's extension letter in November 2021.

It is now 2023 and the 24 months extension letter is expiring this year. Anyone with experience in this kind of situation, please let me know what you did to extend your proof of legal status.

I also read on the USCIS website that was posted on the 23rd of January, 2023 that they were supposed to give all pending i751 a 48 months extension letter which I have still had not received. You can read it here: https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alert...-form-i-751-or

Requesting an in-person appointment to get another extension is somewhat impossible because there is no option to do so living in the USA. Calling the number that was given by the USCIS website is impossible as well as we know the robot will take you in circles.

Please, anyone able to share your experience so that we are able to know what the next step is. I know I am not the only one going through this situation. So those of you who are going through the same thing feel free to post your experience and share knowledge as well.​
    People who had 24 month extension letters are now getting 48 month extension letters. When does your 24 month letter expire?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike E View Post

People who had 24 month extension letters are now getting 48 month extension letters. When does your 24 month letter expire?
      I got one extension letter in September and I got another on November. I can only assume that we are going by the November extension letter, so it expires in November.

Have you received your 48 months extension letter?

Comment

I got one extension letter in September and I got another on November. I can only assume that we are going by the November extension letter, so it expires in November.

Have you received your 48 months extension letter?
        That makes zero sense. What is the “resident since” date on your gc?

I am a citizen . My wife’s I-751 case was approved before her 24 month letter expired.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike E View Post

That makes zero sense. What is the “resident since” date on your gc?

I am a citizen . My wife’s I-751 case was approved before her 24 month letter expired.
          November 2019

It made no sense to me too when they sent me 2 extension letters one before and one after my biometrics.

Also my i751 is being processed in Vermont with a process time of 19.5 months.
          Last edited by lornapleiades; 02-28-2023, 02:31 PM.

Comment

November 2019

It made no sense to me too when they sent me 2 extension letters one before and one after my biometrics.

Also my i751 is being processed in Vermont with a process time of 19.5 months.
            2019 + 2 + 2 = 2023. So your letter expires November 2023.

You should get a 48 month extension letter.

You can also file N-400.

Comment

Hi. I was in similar situation. In Dec 2022 I found out that I can inquire about my case in February 2023, but my 24 month extension expires in January 2023.
              I called USCIS in Dec 2022 and askes for Infopass appointment. I got it in January 2023 (8 days before my extension expired). In December 2022 I also applied for N400 (citizenship).
              At the Infopass appointment they gave me a paper with the passport photo I brought extending me for a year. (My countrys passport was valid only for few months, not a full year.)
              But something must have been triggered in their system, as three weeks after Infopass appointment I received I-751 cars for 10 years and a week after that I received a N400 intervies date.

With my experience - If you file N400 now there's a chance before November 2023 when your extension expires the system will trigger either issueing of I751 or getting a N400 interview... or call in September for Infopass interview if you don't receive 48 month extension by then.
              C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
              03/23 PD
              04/10 4 NOAs I-797
              04/26 Biometrics in NO
              06/24 Fingerprint review completed
              09/05 RFIE I-485
              09/23 SR 765 - outside normal time
              10/15 Infopass Montgomery
              10/17 reply to RFIE sent
              10/23 RFIE received by NBC
              10/30 2nd CR filed SR for I-765
              11/01 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
              11/09 New Card produced
              11/13 Approved 765 & 131
              11/15 EAD mailed to me
              11/17 2 NOAs I-797
              11/19 Combo received
              12/07 Interview scheduled
              01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

i'm in the same boat. filed i-751 in august 2021, only have 24-month extension letter that lasts till november 2023.

i filed n-400 in august 2022, and still haven't received any updates since then except for biometrics re-use.

Comment

Originally posted by gringobrasileiro View Post
                  i'm in the same boat. filed i-751 in august 2021, only have 24-month extension letter that lasts till november 2023.

i filed n-400 in august 2022, and still haven't received any updates since then except for biometrics re-use.
                  I'm sorry to hear that. I would try to set up Infopass appointmen around September and strongly mention that your extension of expired card is expiring in November and that there haven't been any movement on your case for two years. At the Infopass appointment, mention that you have been waiting long time for I751 and also for N400, maybe it will trigger something in their system and your interview will be scheduled fast.

good luck.
                  C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                  03/23 PD
                  04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                  04/26 Biometrics in NO
                  09/05 RFIE I-485
                  10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                  11/09 New Card produced
                  11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                  11/15 EAD mailed to me
                  11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                  11/19 Combo received
                  01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Originally posted by dejnadejnadejna View Post

I'm sorry to hear that. I would try to set up Infopass appointmen around September and strongly mention that your extension of expired card is expiring in November and that there haven't been any movement on your case for two years. At the Infopass appointment, mention that you have been waiting long time for I751 and also for N400, maybe it will trigger something in their system and your interview will be scheduled fast.

good luck.
                    Funny enough, i received the 48 month extension over the weekend. There must be a wave of them going out currently.

Comment

I did receive a 48-month extension yesterday as well.
                      my timeline:
                      gc received on oct 2019
                      i751 applied in august 2021 (still pending)
                      n400 applied in October 2022
                      october 2022 status changed to “we are actively reviewing your case”
                      march 13, 2023: received a 48month extension

Comment

Originally posted by gringobrasileiro View Post

Funny enough, i received the 48 month extension over the weekend. There must be a wave of them going out currently.
                        Perfect! Congrats!
                        C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                        03/23 PD
                        04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                        04/26 Biometrics in NO
                        09/05 RFIE I-485
                        10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                        11/09 New Card produced
                        11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                        11/15 EAD mailed to me
                        11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                        11/19 Combo received
                        01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Originally posted by Ostonatty View Post
                          I did receive a 48-month extension yesterday as well.
                          my timeline:
                          gc received on oct 2019
                          i751 applied in august 2021 (still pending)
                          n400 applied in October 2022
                          october 2022 status changed to “we are actively reviewing your case”
                          march 13, 2023: received a 48month extension
                          Congrats for extension! Hopefully N400 will come fast.
                          C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                          03/23 PD
                          04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                          04/26 Biometrics in NO
                          09/05 RFIE I-485
                          10/17 reply to RFIE sent