Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 Travel Question and How to get a live agent on USCIS

Hello,
    EDIT: I realize I should enter all trips outside of US regardless of the reason, my question now would be... where we have turn around days in Miami, would I be better to grab a block of time and say I was in these 4 places over for example 2 months. Or should I enter every single trip we did some being 2 days some being 7 - leading to a lot of travel entries. In most cases we would turn around in one day for example Monday we load the ship, Tuesday and Wednesday we go to Cozumel, Thursday we return to Miami, Friday we went to Barbados... just examples but wondering what others in similar situation did or how they input these types of travel?

I'm in the process of completing my N400 application and ran into section regarding travel. I've tried to call USCIS but it won't let me through to a live agent.

Hoping someone on here could help with my query:
    In 2019 I worked on a cruise ship, I was a US taxed employee and ship sailed out of Florida for the majority of my contract - would I need to enter this in as a trip outside the US, the ship I worked on would for example leave Miami for 4 days then return, the next one might be a 7 day returning to Miami and so forth. As well as this, my ship docked in the UK for a short time, I was still taxed as a US employee... would this count as a trip?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

P.s.if anyone knows what question to ask to reach a live agent that would be really helpful too, I've tried all varying ways to ask my question above but it cuts me off the call each time.

Last edited by DanceyK; 06-08-2023, 11:40 AM.

Originally posted by DanceyK View Post
    Hello,
    EDIT: I realize I should enter all trips outside of US regardless of the reason, my question now would be... where we have turn around days in Miami, would I be better to grab a block of time and say I was in these 4 places over for example 2 months. Or should I enter every single trip we did some being 2 days some being 7 - leading to a lot of travel entries. In most cases we would turn around in one day for example Monday we load the ship, Tuesday and Wednesday we go to Cozumel, Thursday we return to Miami, Friday we went to Barbados... just examples but wondering what others in similar situation did or how they input these types of travel?

I'm in the process of completing my N400 application and ran into section regarding travel. I've tried to call USCIS but it won't let me through to a live agent.

Hoping someone on here could help with my query:
    In 2019 I worked on a cruise ship, I was a US taxed employee and ship sailed out of Florida for the majority of my contract - would I need to enter this in as a trip outside the US, the ship I worked on would for example leave Miami for 4 days then return, the next one might be a 7 day returning to Miami and so forth. As well as this, my ship docked in the UK for a short time, I was still taxed as a US employee... would this count as a trip?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

P.s.if anyone knows what question to ask to reach a live agent that would be really helpful too, I've tried all varying ways to ask my question above but it cuts me off the call each time.
    Any day where the entire 24 hours was spend outside the U.S. or its territorial waters counts as a day outside the U.S.

Any day where any portion was spent in the U.S. counts as a full day of physical presence.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X