Typical Turnaround Time for US Passports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical Turnaround Time for US Passports

To all naturalized forum members! I would like to start a thread to get an estimate about how long it takes nowadays if you apply for a regular (non-expedited) US passport. Can you please enter your time-line in case you have applied for a non-expedited passport?

Thanks.

I just did mine it takes three weeks

Comment

Originally posted by mpierre View Post
      I just did mine it takes three weeks
      Thanks mpierre.

So did it take 3 weeks for you to receive your passport book after you filed at the post office for routine service?

And when exactly did your online status change before you received it?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by tr2usa View Post
        thanks mpierre.

So did it take 3 weeks for you to receive your passport book after you filed at the post office for routine service?

And when exactly did your online status change before you received it?

Thanks again.
        the first week was to inform you that they recieved your application, second week we have finish your application and give you a date that you will be recieving your passport book and on the third week you will have your passport.
        Passport first
        then your documents that you submit with your application comes after your passport

Comment

Thanks again mpierre. Really appreciated your feedback. Cheers!

Comment

In my case it took 24 days for my passport to arrive with routine service.

Comment

Q about expedited service

My Oath Ceremony is on May 5. I am planning to travel internationally on May 21.

Provided that I apply for my passport on May 5 and pay expedited service, how fast can I expect to receive my passport? Would I be cutting it too close?

The government website says 2-3 weeks for expedited service, but if people are getting it within 3 weeks through routine service, I have a feeling the process goes a lot faster than advertised.

Does anyone have experience with expedited service? Thanks.

Comment

If you go to a passport agency you can get your passport the same day.
                You have to call and schedule an appointment and date of travel must be within 14 days.
                There is one in Houston, Dallas, Connecticut and a few other places,
                or you could do the expedited passport service and pay the additional fees,

Comment

Originally posted by thedeedisdone View Post
                  My Oath Ceremony is on May 5. I am planning to travel internationally on May 21.

Provided that I apply for my passport on May 5 and pay expedited service, how fast can I expect to receive my passport? Would I be cutting it too close?

The government website says 2-3 weeks for expedited service, but if people are getting it within 3 weeks through routine service, I have a feeling the process goes a lot faster than advertised.

Does anyone have experience with expedited service? Thanks.
                  I would not risk it since I saw from some trackers that people who paid for expedited service got their passport after two weeks. Hence, the best thing to do is to get a same-day passport. BTW, there is also talk about a possible government shutdown if their is no agreement on the budget in congress. If that happens then there will be most likely a backlog in passport applications.

Comment

15 business days

It took 15 business days (21 Calendar Days) when I applied for my son's US passport under routine service.

Date Applied - 02/25/2011 (submitted the application at the local District Court)

Date Passport Received - 03/18/2011

My wife had applied for her passport a few months ago under expedited processing. She had to go to the nearest Passport agency, and she received her passport on the 5th business day after submitting the application.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue09 View Post
                      It took 15 business days (21 Calendar Days) when I applied for my son's US passport under routine service.

Date Applied - 02/25/2011 (submitted the application at the local District Court)

Date Passport Received - 03/18/2011

My wife had applied for her passport a few months ago under expedited processing. She had to go to the nearest Passport agency, and she received her passport on the 5th business day after submitting the application.
                      From what I have seen from the trackers is that there is a pretty wide variation in processing time for routine service. I have seen routine processing time ranges as fast as 10 days for up to 4-5 weeks. I guess it depends to which passport agency your application is sent. So if you are in a hurry and have travel plans in the near future I would go with expedited service. If your travel falls within two weeks, I would definitely go to a passport agency and apply personally for expedited service.
                      Last edited by nwctzn; 04-04-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

The usual routine service can take up to 4 to 6 weeks but not necessarily. It can arrive early too. But if you get the process expedited it will arrive in 3 weeks.

Comment

The country has many great locations which will make your visit fun and exciting. Here are a few locations you should visit if you want to make it more than memorable.

New York City is an exciting venue which has a remarkably diverse cultural atmosphere. You can visit museums, check out Times Square, head to the top of the Empire State Building, or check out the Statue of Liberty. In addition, there are many professional sporting venues to take in a game if that is what you are interested in and if you are a foodie, New York City will not disappoint. Book a flight to JFK airport if possible as it is a nice airport with access to multiple public transportation options.

Washington DC is another top place to visit in the United States. As the nation’s capital there are many iconic places to check out such as the Washington Monument, White House, or Lincoln Memorial. Also, the Smithsonian Museum is a top destination with a lot to take in. There are also many parks which can be a great place to explore the outdoors for the day. When flying in, checking out Washington Dulles International Airport and get ready to have some fun.

New Orleans is another action spot which gives you an interesting flavor of life. Also called the Big Easy, it has a unique blend of cultures. The city is rich in blues, jazz, and rock n roll. There are also some great museums such as the National World War II and African American museums. Be on the look out for amazing food such as beignets, gumbo, and po’boys. The airport you should fly into is the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport and do not forget to visit during Mardi Gras which is always 47 days before Easter every year.

The Grand Canyon National Park can be an awe-inspiring place to take in the amazing scenery. There are many things to do while visiting. If you are an avid hiker, you can book a trip which allows you to take a guided hike down into the Grand Canyon and back up to the top. The Grand Canyon was formed by the Colorado River, it is sheer size makes you feel like a tiny speck, but while there you might as well do some white-water rafting which will make your stay memorable. You will have to fly into the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport when trying to get to the Grand Canyon. Once you arrive, you will have to make about a three-and-a-half-hour drive to the most visited part of the National Park.

This is just a short list of all the great places the United States has to offer for the international traveler. It is important to remember when flying into the United States you must have a valid passport. Be sure to buy a US passport before travelling as not having one will lead you to not being admitted and can cause a big issue with your vacation plans. Planning a vacation to the United States will leave you with many memorable moments so be sure to book a trip today.
                          Last edited by ceci1073; 06-23-2021, 01:49 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X