No announcement yet.

My J1 Visa was denied thrice(Sec 214b). Now Applying for C1D Visa after 2 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My J1 Visa was denied thrice(Sec 214b). Now Applying for C1D Visa after 2 years

I was Denied J1 Visa 3 times after every 3 weeks gap. in Arp 2011 as i was not able to answer the questions and was not at all confident while answering.
    I was completing my degree and was doing my 3rd year in hospitality management. I got an offer from a resort in US for my 6 months Internship program.
    Got DS.2019, DS7002, DS160, SEVIS fee, n all related Docs.
    I got a same same questions in 1st 2nd interviews,
    VO: Why do u want to go US. ?
    Me. Wanted to learn the US culture and see the new trends and learn & see new technologies.
    VO: What are you gona do there.?
    Me. i am going for my internship and would b training with the YYYY resort.
    VO: what will your job there.?
    Me. to learn and train in star hotel and.. aahh ( i was blank).
    The VO repeated same question but i was not able to answer.
    Typed in and gave 214b.

3rd interview
    All above Question same.. except "what will b your job over there" Question was not asked.
    VO: u had applied before.
    Me. Yes
    VO; you were denied two times sir, There is no change in your application since the last time, this letter will explain you in detail.
    Me: Okay. thankyou, sir.. (With smile) Sir any suggestions for my.?
    VO: try next year.!!
    Me. okay. thankyou. sir.. !! ( Left the place..!!!)

But while filling up my previous DS160 there was a Question about parents status, and my Father is working on cruise from past 8 years n has C1D valid visa. But i didn't mentioned it while filling DS-160 "Is your father in U.S.?.. i said 'No' during all three times in DS-160 form during J1 visa interviews. I am afraid that this time i say 'Yes' to that Question will it b a problem cause during those previous interview days my teachers helped me to fill up the form and i did say them regarding my fathers occupation, they said if he is not working on Land in U.S then keep answer "No". If he is working on Land then Select 'Yes'. SO i did the same. I select 'No' for all three applications.
    Now am trying after 2 years and now i have completed my Graduation and also have a Work Experience in a hospitality field. i have got an Opportunity from a Cruise line and will be joining it.
    I want to know that this time i need to select 'Yes' when i will be asked the Question, Is your father in US? because i don't want to hide anything to them. and i don't want my previous denials should come in between. If i select 'YES' about my fathers Status in US, then will my visa be denied for this or will it be no problem.??
    Please advice me.!!!!
    Should i mentioned 'YES' to that Question and also some tips to overcome my previous denials. I am a hard working and my intention is just to perform my duties on board.

Yes

Yes you should mention your dads C1D visa it does not matter whether it was on land sea or in air !!! A C1D Visa is a US visa
    they have all records of a US visa .... always mention the truth
    you have a better chance of getting a C1D visa as by now you have work experience and your situation have changed.

Originally posted by vickybhai View Post
    I was Denied J1 Visa 3 times after every 3 weeks gap. in Arp 2011 as i was not able to answer the questions and was not at all confident while answering.
    I was completing my degree and was doing my 3rd year in hospitality management. I got an offer from a resort in US for my 6 months Internship program.
    Got DS.2019, DS7002, DS160, SEVIS fee, n all related Docs.
    I got a same same questions in 1st 2nd interviews,
    VO: Why do u want to go US. ?
    Me. Wanted to learn the US culture and see the new trends and learn & see new technologies.
    VO: What are you gona do there.?
    Me. i am going for my internship and would b training with the YYYY resort.
    VO: what will your job there.?
    Me. to learn and train in star hotel and.. aahh ( i was blank).
    The VO repeated same question but i was not able to answer.
    Typed in and gave 214b.

3rd interview
    All above Question same.. except "what will b your job over there" Question was not asked.
    VO: u had applied before.
    Me. Yes
    VO; you were denied two times sir, There is no change in your application since the last time, this letter will explain you in detail.
    Me: Okay. thankyou, sir.. (With smile) Sir any suggestions for my.?
    VO: try next year.!!
    Me. okay. thankyou. sir.. !! ( Left the place..!!!)

But while filling up my previous DS160 there was a Question about parents status, and my Father is working on cruise from past 8 years n has C1D valid visa. But i didn't mentioned it while filling DS-160 "Is your father in U.S.?.. i said 'No' during all three times in DS-160 form during J1 visa interviews. I am afraid that this time i say 'Yes' to that Question will it b a problem cause during those previous interview days my teachers helped me to fill up the form and i did say them regarding my fathers occupation, they said if he is not working on Land in U.S then keep answer "No". If he is working on Land then Select 'Yes'. SO i did the same. I select 'No' for all three applications.
    Now am trying after 2 years and now i have completed my Graduation and also have a Work Experience in a hospitality field. i have got an Opportunity from a Cruise line and will be joining it.
    I want to know that this time i need to select 'Yes' when i will be asked the Question, Is your father in US? because i don't want to hide anything to them. and i don't want my previous denials should come in between. If i select 'YES' about my fathers Status in US, then will my visa be denied for this or will it be no problem.??
    Please advice me.!!!!
    Should i mentioned 'YES' to that Question and also some tips to overcome my previous denials. I am a hard working and my intention is just to perform my duties on board.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X