C1/D visa with convictions for Crime Involving Moral Turpitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C1/D visa with convictions for Crime Involving Moral Turpitude

I want to apply for a C1D visa. I’m a British Citizen and have a criminal conviction for ‘Theft by Employee’ (one sentence but 22 incidents – grouped into one). The conviction was a 20 month prison sentence – 8 years ago (now spent in UK) – I only served 5 months with good behaviour (crimes were 9 years ago). I have not been in trouble since and have always worked, since then I have turned my life around, gained a Degree and now have a very good job.

The visa is for a Cruise Ship role. I have no intention of staying in the USA simply need this visa to do the job. I am certainly no threat to the USA.

Will this conviction prevent me from getting a C1D visa (I know it comes under Crime Involving Moral Turpitude however it was a long time ago) – I was charged with the same crime as the person who actually did it as I couldn't prove I had no involvement. Young, stupid and never again (was 22/23 at the time).

I have seen sites which say NO to Crime Involving Moral Turpitude - However, no-one actually says they have been refused or have been approved for a C1/D visa with a criminal conviction which comes under Crime Involving Moral Turpitude.

Has anyone got experience of this = Can you/have you obtain/obtained a C1/D visa if the crime comes under Crime Involving Moral Turpitude - or do I just apply and go for an interview and hope for the best?

I won't hand in my notice at my current role until the VISA is approved as I don't want to be left without a job. But any experience any of you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

(Looking for Hope)

The only way to know for certain is by applying.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X