C1/D VISA application, married to an american

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C1/D VISA application, married to an american

Hello! I am applying for a job as a cruiseship entertainer. my citizenship is israeli.

I am married to an American citizen who doesn't live in america (can be proven with work contracts and rental agreements)

The work offer itself will be 100% legit from a big known cruise company.

I will need a C1/D visa as it will be cruises departing from the US.

I do know that there is a need to prove i'm not gonna immigrate, and I do know that being married to an American citizen can be a red flag for the embassy in some cases.

We are also separated and don't even live in the same country. (the divorce process is a bit complicated so we're just not doing it for now)

My questions are:

1) Do you think it could be a problem in my C1/D visa applicaiton that I'm married to an american? even the smallest risk? I'm terrified of having a rejection in my visa history.

2) is there anything I need to do to prove my ties to my home country , like in tourist visas?

YES as long as they are both free to marry, C1D visa hold can marry US GC holder however the C1D visa will have to go through consular proceedings in order to become a green card holder. My Lincoln Portal
    Last edited by Conwayg89; 01-11-2023, 12:53 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X