Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NORI and Housing Loan

Hi All,

I am citizen of India working in US on J1 Visa, I wanted to apply for J1 waiver (NORI certificate).

However, I have housing loan from HDFC bank. I am not sure how to apply NORI in this situation.

Does anyone had gone through this situation?

What all supporting documents are required to apply NORI if someone has housing loan?

Thanks,

Arjun

Hi Arjun. I am in similar situation. Did you figure out the process of getting NORI with home loan?

Comment

Fortunately, most people receive a refusal application. My father was in a similar situation. He had a housing loan. The loan on it is about five years. It was challenging for him. But one day, he filed documents for refusal. The banks didn't even want to consider them.

Comment

Looking forward to take a loan now. Any ideas?

Comment

I was in the same boat. As I worried before applying for NORI because of my bank loan, I decided to pay it off first. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough money, so I got a loan from Besteforbrukslån.no. Thus, I received my NORI certificate without issues. I hope, this info will be helpful for someone.
          Last edited by BNic; 04-15-2022, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Hi BNic,

You mentioned that you received the NORI certificate without having any issues while having a bank loan. I need some details on that. So you did mention the loan details in the NORI stage I affidavit? Because I am going to start the procedure and am confused about this situation. Need your guidance and advice.

Thanks!!
            SSCs_1234

Comment

Well, OP, how are things looking now? Did you manage to solve your problems?
              Because I am looking to decide on a similar problem for me, I would really use some good advice. I don’t have a housing loan, but I plan to get one soon because Mortgage Broker Coventry told me it is high time to get a loan. The market is in the right condition, and I will be able to save some money if I apply for a loan now? What do you think about that? Is it the right decision? I have also applied for NORI but have got no results yet.
              I would be really grateful for any advice on the topic.
              Last edited by JohnyyStraw; 05-23-2022, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arjun001 View Post
                Hi All,

I am citizen of India working in US on J1 Visa, I wanted to apply for J1 waiver (NORI certificate).

However, I have housing loan from HDFC bank. I am not sure how to apply NORI in this situation.

Does anyone had gone through this situation Pag IBIG Death Benefit Claim?

What all supporting documents are required to apply NORI if someone has housing loan?

Thanks,

Arjun

When applying for a No Objection Certificate (NOC) or NORI (No Obligation to Return to India) in the context of a J1 waiver, it is important to follow the specific guidelines and requirements set by the Indian government and the concerned authorities. While I can provide some general information, it is recommended that you consult with the appropriate authorities or seek legal advice for accurate and up-to-date information regarding your specific situation.

Typically, when applying for a NORI certificate, you will need to provide certain supporting documents, which may vary based on individual circumstances. Here are some general documents that may be required when applying for a NORI certificate if you have a housing loan:
                1. NORI application form: Complete the application form for the NORI certificate, providing all the necessary details.
                2. Identity proof: Submit copies of your valid Indian passport and U.S. visa documents, including your J1 visa and I-94 arrival/departure record.
                3. Loan documents: Provide relevant documents related to your housing loan from HDFC bank, including the loan agreement, loan statement, and any other supporting documents that demonstrate your financial obligations.
                4. Employment proof: Submit documentation that proves your employment in the United States under the J1 visa program, such as an employment offer letter, appointment letter, or any other relevant employment documents.
                5. Proof of residence: Provide documents that establish your current residence in the United States, such as rental agreements, utility bills, or other official documents.
                6. Financial documents: Include financial statements, such as bank statements or tax returns, to demonstrate your financial status and ability to repay the housing loan.
                7. NOC from HDFC bank: Obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from HDFC bank stating that they have no objection to you applying for a NORI certificate.

It's important to note that the requirements for applying for a NORI certificate may vary, and it's advisable to check with the Indian embassy/consulate or relevant authorities for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the specific documents and procedures for your case.

Additionally, consulting with an immigration attorney or seeking guidance from professionals experienced in J1 waivers and NORI applications can provide you with personalized advice based on your situation and help ensure a smooth application process.

Remember to gather all the required documents, follow the instructions provided by the authorities, and maintain open communication with the appropriate channels throughout the application process.

Comment

Hi Arjun,

I understand you are an Indian citizen working in the US on a J-1 visa and want to apply for a J-1 waiver (NORI certificate), but have concerns about how to handle your HDFC bank housing loan. Here are a few suggestions that may help:
                  • Contact HDFC bank to notify them you are applying for a J-1 waiver and will be remaining in the US. See if they require any documentation and ensure your loan payments will continue being made on time.
                  • When applying for the J-1 waiver, disclose the housing loan and provide supporting documentation from HDFC confirming the loan, payment history, and their awareness of your visa situation.
                  • Speak with an immigration attorney to understand the full implications of having a foreign loan, and get advice tailored to your specific situation. The attorney can review your documents and help ensure you submit a strong waiver application.
                  • Consider providing additional evidence of ties to your home country, such as family living there, bank accounts, assets etc., to overcome any concerns about the housing loan.

I hope these tips help provide some direction! Let me know if you have any other questions. Wishing you the very best with your J-1 waiver application.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                    Did anyone get that NORI certificate by following the steps mentioned??

Comment

Originally posted by amystivens View Post
                      Looking forward to take a loan now. Any ideas?
                      • Currently WALK-IN services are SUSPENDED. Please send requisite document by mail along with all supporting documents (notarized copies of passport/legal status/address proof) and return shipping envelope. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL PASSPORT.
                      • The Consulate reserves the right to reject attestation of documents the contents of which are objectionable or contrary to the Rules.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X