Question about J1 visa or work permit in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about J1 visa or work permit in general

Hello folks. I would like to ask you, what do I have to do to get work visa for US in general? Recently I applied for Alinea Group to work, or to be more precise be intern in their *******. On their official website they said, that they are happy to welcome J1 externs from all around the world, so I sent my resume and cover letter and got email stating this:

Thank you also for your interest in working with us at The Alinea Group. While we are excited to welcome chefs and stagiers from around the world we are limited in our ability to host employees by US Labor laws. It would be our pleasure to consider you for a position if you are able to commit at least 1 year to working with us and you are also able to send documentation proving one of the following:
    • You have a work visa for the US
    • Your school has agreed to give you credit for working at our restaurant
    • Your current employer will pay you during your time working here and be in accordance with your country’s labor laws

We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.

I am able to obtain two things from their list: School agreement and Documentation from my employer, but since they said, that they are unable to sponsor visas, how am I able to obtain one? As far as I know for J1 visa ( which is for exchange program and not particularly a work visa ) I need their approval.
    Thank you in advance

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X