Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAD renewal for a J2 without any gap, in case of a sponsor transfer for the J1, HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD renewal for a J2 without any gap, in case of a sponsor transfer for the J1, HELP!

Hello,

I am a French citizen, with a J2 visa, DS-2019, and EAD valid until January 14, 2020.
    My wife, with the J1 visa and exchange visitor status, will have a sponsor transfer (from the U.S. Department of State – Fulbright scholars to her current institution) at this date to stay one more year in the US (January 15, 2020 – January 14, 2021).
    I am currently enjoying my job and want to carry on doing this job for one more year, so I want to renew my EAD until January 14, 2021, without any gap between my first and my second EAD.
    As the average lead time to get the EAD is 90 days, I need to apply for my new EAD before October 14, 2019.

The SEVIS - Department of Homeland Security system does not make our record available to her new sponsor to issue and print a new DS-2019 until the effective date of transfer (January 14, 2020). In other words, we will receive our new DS-2019 on January 14, 2020 at best. However, once the transfer has been approved (by the French Fulbright commission, the IIE/CIES and the U.S. Department of state), we will receive a letter from the IIE/CIES that states that the transfer has been approved and set.

My question is: Can I apply to renew my EAD without my new DS-2019 providing this transfer letter and the invitation letter of my wife institute stating its willingness to accept sponsorship of her J1 visa from January 15, 2020 to January 14, 2021?
    If not, is there another way to renew my EAD without a gap?

I must confess that this is really important to us, and we are unable to find the answer to this question on the Internet.
    I even called the USCIS where they did not want to tell me whether I would get my renewal or not with these documents, and they advised me to contact an Immigration lawyer.
    We would really appreciate any help, or testimony from someone who has already been in this situation.

Thank you,

Pierre

Hello Pierre,

how did it go?

I'm in a similar situation, EAD renewal takes at least 90 days, and my wife is just 1 year from finishing J-1, but wants to extend it.
    And I don't find anywhere how early one can ask an extension of J-1 program, if she can't ask for it at least 4 months in advance I will lose my job.

Thank you,

Andre

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X