Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiver for J2 if J1 finished the two years

Hi All,
    Would it be possible for J2 to apply for a waiver? My husband finished the two years requirement but I was in the US finishing my PhD. USCIS stated he cannot apply for a waiver since he already finished the two years. Do you know if there are any options to handle this case?

I don't think you can get a waiver unless you are divorced or you can show some hardship

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by lillyg View Post
      Hi All,
      Would it be possible for J2 to apply for a waiver? My husband finished the two years requirement but I was in the US finishing my PhD. USCIS stated he cannot apply for a waiver since he already finished the two years. Do you know if there are any options to handle this case?
      I have the similar question, did you figure out how to do?

Comment

Originally posted by lillyg View Post
        Hi All,
        Would it be possible for J2 to apply for a waiver? My husband finished the two years requirement but I was in the US finishing my PhD. USCIS stated he cannot apply for a waiver since he already finished the two years. Do you knowoursainsburysif there are any options to handle this case?
        Some instances allow you to stay for up to two years. If the J-1 visa holder has children or a spouse on J-2 status, the extension will cover them as well. Aside from being unable to finish your program, your status termination will also be After submitting the waiver application and fee
        Last edited by Delagarza598; 03-03-2021, 07:54 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X