NORI process from SF Consulate Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NORI process from SF Consulate Questions

I am an Indian citizen on the J-1 visa in the US and I have three questions about the NORI process to obtain the J-1 waiver. I've been trying to contact the Indian Consulate in San Francisco but neither my emails nor my calls are being answered. I was wondering if someone here with some experience is able to answer these questions:

1. In Phase I of the process, do I have to send my original passport or a notarized copy to CGISF? The website says notarized copy but a pdf listed on the website says original.

2. The NORI information page https://www.cgisf.gov.in/page/nori-n...turn-to-india/ mentions that one copy of the miscellaneous form and documents must go to the office where the passport was issued. My passport was issued by the San Francisco Indian consulate in 2016. Does this mean I have mail back the attested form to the San Francisco consulate after I receive them from the consulate or would the consulate retain one copy and mail the rest back to me? Are there any regional passport offices in India I must send these forms to?

3. My wife is a dependent with me on a J-2 visa. She has never been on a J-1 visa and as such has no residency requirements of her own. Would I need to file separate documents for her as well or is she included in my application?

Thank you for your help.

As per extant policy guidelines, NORI Certificate will not be issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare under any circumstances www.jcpassociates.com, except in cases where the age of an applicant is over sixty-five.
    Last edited by Eula; 04-20-2021, 12:23 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X