Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Application Process for J-1 Visa

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Application Process for J-1 Visa

    I am currently a student in London who has decided to take on a placement year in the US (with a British citizenship). I have been advised to apply for a J-1 visa and my prospective employer has agreed to sponsor me for my year. I have already completed a DS-160 form but I am now confused as to what my next step is. I would prefer to do most of the application process myself as I do not wish to bother my prospective employer but as I said I have hit a dead end.
    Can I continue the process without involving my employer in the US or does he have to first contact the embassy in order to start the process?
    https://showbox.bio/ https://tutuapp.uno/ https://vidmate.cool/
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Madara10; 10-10-2021, 06:09 AM.

  • #2
    Here is J1 visa process.
    1. You need to have designated Sponsor
    2. submit the DS-2019 Form (Certificate of Eligibility for Exchanger Visitor (J-1) Status)
    3. Submit the DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application
    4. Make visa fees.
    5. Schedule an Interview.

    Documents needed for J1 visa Interview:
    • Passport
    • Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page.
    • Application fee payment receipt
    • Photo
    • Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status, Form DS-2019
    • Training/Internship Placement Plan, Form DS-7002
    • The purpose of your travel;
    • Your intent to depart the United States after your travel;
    • Your ability to pay all travel costs.
    For more information, you can visit our website. Here is the link providing more details about J visa.