NORI App (for J1 Waiver) stuck @ Passport office, Bangalore. Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NORI App (for J1 Waiver) stuck @ Passport office, Bangalore. Please Help

Hi, I had applied for NORI Certificate (for J1 Waiver) at the following offices in India in May 2010:
    1. Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Govt of India, New Delhi,
    2. Home Ministry, State Govt of Tamil Nadu, Chennai,
    3. Regional Passport Office, Bangalore, India.

I received NORI certificates from the first (1) and (2) (in October, 2010), but (3) has taken about 6 months now and I have not received any response yet.

While I enquired at the Indian Embassy, Chicago, they informed me that my police verification status at Bangalore is currently INCOMPLETE and that I have to work on it myself to get it cleared.

I applied for my passport while I was studying in Bangalore. After my studies in Bangalore, I left India and had no venue to change my address in the passport (the address in my passport still refers to my hostel address in Bangalore). However, in my application for NORI certificate, I have mentioned my parent's address as my permanent address.

Is there a possibility to intimate the passport office in bangalore about this change of address so as to speed up police verification?

Kindly help.
    Thanks.
    Sathish

Hi Sathish,

I may not be able to help you with regard to your NORI clearance from the passport office, I would like to know some information connected with your receipt of NORI clearance from Chennai Secretariat. I applied for NORI clearance from State secretariat during September 2009 and there was a police verification during November 2009 at my house after which I never received any communication from them.

Did you make any follow up regarding the same for your case? I am clueless. Can you guide me in this regard or can you give me your number will call you to speak regarding the same.

You can email me

Thanks,
    Appachi

Comment

Enquire with Citizen-2 Section of TN Govt

@ Appachi
      Sorry for this long delay. I'd be glad to answer questions regarding whatever I know of the NORI process.

Well, first of all, in my case, I presented my application in person; so the staff at Citizen-2 section gave me a file number for my application and also gave a contact number to which I could call and enquire about the status of my app.

When I submitted the app, I was also told there would be verifications at the universities at which I studied (based on the degree certificates I had given) and that, that process would take about 3 months to accomplish (basically, most of the time is spent in sending/receiving docs between places).

Finally, when I received the NORI, it was clearly stated that the universities established that I had no dues/obligations of any sort and so the TN Govt issued a NORI after confirming my address via a police verification.

So, in your case, the police verifications seems to have been performed already. I'd check with your universities to see if they too cleared your no obligation status. It'd also be good if you called Citizen-2 section and asked for your case. Be courteous in your calls and they too would respond nicely.

I think the phone number to Citizen-2 department is +91 44 2566 5533; there are many staff members who handle NORI apps, so just call them up, give your name, and other details and also tell them when you submitted your NORI app and ask them for a status update.

Good luck

Originally posted by appachi View Post
      Hi Sathish,

I may not be able to help you with regard to your NORI clearance from the passport office, I would like to know some information connected with your receipt of NORI clearance from Chennai Secretariat. I applied for NORI clearance from State secretariat during September 2009 and there was a police verification during November 2009 at my house after which I never received any communication from them.

Did you make any follow up regarding the same for your case? I am clueless. Can you guide me in this regard or can you give me your number will call you to speak regarding the same.

You can email me

Thanks,
      Appachi

Comment

sample NORis from India

Hi,
        Can someone tell me what kind of document is issued as a NORI frm the passport office? is that a PCC (police clearance certificate) or anything else? Could anyone send me a photocopy of the NORI document please?

thanks,
        Shalini

Originally posted by mesats View Post
        @ Appachi
        Sorry for this long delay. I'd be glad to answer questions regarding whatever I know of the NORI process.

Well, first of all, in my case, I presented my application in person; so the staff at Citizen-2 section gave me a file number for my application and also gave a contact number to which I could call and enquire about the status of my app.

When I submitted the app, I was also told there would be verifications at the universities at which I studied (based on the degree certificates I had given) and that, that process would take about 3 months to accomplish (basically, most of the time is spent in sending/receiving docs between places).

Finally, when I received the NORI, it was clearly stated that the universities established that I had no dues/obligations of any sort and so the TN Govt issued a NORI after confirming my address via a police verification.

So, in your case, the police verifications seems to have been performed already. I'd check with your universities to see if they too cleared your no obligation status. It'd also be good if you called Citizen-2 section and asked for your case. Be courteous in your calls and they too would respond nicely.

I think the phone number to Citizen-2 department is +91 44 2566 5533; there are many staff members who handle NORI apps, so just call them up, give your name, and other details and also tell them when you submitted your NORI app and ask them for a status update.

Good luck

Comment

The passport office simply issues a letter stating that "the hold of the Indian passport # **** **** is under no obligation to return to India." The letter would be on an official letter head, obviously.

Originally posted by Ashawaraya Shalini View Post
          Hi,
          Can someone tell me what kind of document is issued as a NORI frm the passport office? is that a PCC (police clearance certificate) or anything else? Could anyone send me a photocopy of the NORI document please?

thanks,
          Shalini

Comment

NORI application struck at ahmedabad passport office

Hi
            I have a similar issue. My NORI application is struck at Ahmedabad passport office. They are not allowing anyone to enter or picking up the phone call. Can any one help whom to ask for?

Comment

Can someone guide me as to how to apply for NOC from Regional Passport Office Mumbai for NORI? Is it online or offline?

Comment

Got NOC from HRD ministry. Also Home Ministry of Government of Maharashtra has facility to apply online for NOC for NORI, i am unable to find out if Regional Passport Office Mumbai accepts NOC application online or offline. Pl advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X