USCIS Processing Time Issue, K1 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS Processing Time Issue, K1 Visa

I filed an I-129f petition for my fiancé in mid-June 2017 and we are still waiting for approval. The USCIS processing website has not been updated since 30 September but, from the chart, it appears that we should have heard back in mid-November. Has anyone recently received approval on their I-129f and can offer some insight into what the current processing time is?

Originally posted by fashabear View Post
    I filed an I-129f petition for my fiancé in mid-June 2017 and we are still waiting for approval. The USCIS processing website has not been updated since 30 September but, from the chart, it appears that we should have heard back in mid-November. Has anyone recently received approval on their I-129f and can offer some insight into what the current processing time is?
    Hey there,
    Most people are experience 6 months processing time. You should be close to that, too.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

I don't know where you're from and which state your fiancée is in...i'm in texas and we waited almost 8 months to get that approved...and now **** 15 months for AOS aka green card. But in your shoes i'd call them and put in inquiry and then they respond in 30 days on your email. Just make sure that the applicants name is on the request. When we did it the first time they put in my husbands/ petitioner's name in and we only got email stating that they can only give info to applicant..and then we needed to wait a month before we were able to ask for another filing of the form.

Comment

im so confused and worried about processing times

My partner and I have lived together in his home country ( Australia) for the last two years... We plan on moving to NC,USA and are just beginning the process (* waiting on his passport to commence). I have had a look online and Dallas service center* processing dates state processing cases as of 01 june 2017 . does this mean they are behind and still working on paperwork from last june???? how long did it take some of you guys to get approval for* I129f . I know it says wait times are 5 months but i have heard conflicting accounts.* Any tips on how I can provide enough information so I dont get asked for more evidence or any errors .* Can I only mail to Dallas?* or are there other centers I can submit paperwork to from abroad. TIA*

Comment

I ended up getting the notice of approval in the mail at the end of December, so a little over 6 months. From what I can tell, all fiancé visas get processed through the Texas center. It seems to be taking about 6 months for most people at this time, although I've heard that some people got theirs a little quicker. I would recommend reading the application instructions very carefully before filling out the I-129f. The instructions are very long and detailed, but they provide a lot of useful information, and we were able to get the application approved without having to send in more evidence. I also looked at *.com and *.com, both of which have some instructions for how to stream-line the process. Just as a warning, the process takes another 2-3 months after receiving USCIS approval, so you're looking at around 9-10 months from start to finish.

Originally posted by tai98 View Post
          My partner and I have lived together in his home country ( Australia) for the last two years... We plan on moving to NC,USA and are just beginning the process (* waiting on his passport to commence). I have had a look online and Dallas service center* processing dates state processing cases as of 01 june 2017 . does this mean they are behind and still working on paperwork from last june???? how long did it take some of you guys to get approval for* I129f . I know it says wait times are 5 months but i have heard conflicting accounts.* Any tips on how I can provide enough information so I dont get asked for more evidence or any errors .* Can I only mail to Dallas?* or are there other centers I can submit paperwork to from abroad. TIA*

Comment

I submitted the petition for my partner in October. Received the I-797c a few weeks later in October and have not heard anything since. We will be at the 6th month of waiting in a few weeks. I was getting ready to file en e-inquiry on it but since the new update to the USCIS website it appears that they won't let you file it until the 8th month now which is disappointing. Really hope the USCIS part at the California Service Center finishes soon.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoEng88 View Post
              I submitted the petition for my partner in October. Received the I-797c a few weeks later in October and have not heard anything since. We will be at the 6th month of waiting in a few weeks. I was getting ready to file en e-inquiry on it but since the new update to the USCIS website it appears that they won't let you file it until the 8th month now which is disappointing. Really hope the USCIS part at the California Service Center finishes soon.
              I ended up receiving the USCIS Notice of Approval in early January (it was dated six months to the day that my petition was submitted but took two weeks to receive in the mail). I had signed up for email and text notifications through the USCIS website, but did not receive notification through either of these means. Also, to this day, the USCIS online system still says the application is pending. My best guess is that you will receive notification right around the six month mark. Good luck! Hopefully you're almost through this stage.

Comment

I ended up receiving the USCIS Notice of Approval in early January (it was dated six months to the day that my petition was submitted but took two weeks to receive in the mail). I had signed up for email and text notifications through the USCIS website, but did not receive notification through either of these means. Also, to this day, the USCIS online system still says the application is pending. My best guess is that you will receive notification right around the six month mark. Good luck! Hopefully you're almost through this stage.
                Thats good to hear, hopefully it will be completed by the 6 month as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoEng88 View Post
                  Thats good to hear, hopefully it will be completed by the 6 month as well.
                  Did you ever hear back from them?
                  My case is with California Office and I still have not heard back from them and its been 1 full year.

Comment

If you are experiencing USCIS processing time issues with your K1 visa application, there are a few steps you can take:
                    1. Check the USCIS website for the current processing times for K1 visas. If the processing time has exceeded the posted timeframe, you may want to contact USCIS to inquire about the status of your application.
                    2. Contact your U.S. embassy or consulate to inquire about the status of your case. They may be able to provide more information on any delays or issues with your application.
                    3. Consider contacting a U.S. immigration attorney for assistance. An attorney can help you understand theprocess and assist with any necessary steps to move your case forward.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X