Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible for my Venezuelan partner to get a Fiance Visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible for my Venezuelan partner to get a Fiance Visa?

Hello,

So me and my partner (we are a gay couple) we live in Colombia and so far he doesn't have a passport from Venezuela (his home country) because the process will take years with the current climate.

From my understanding, because of the issues in Venezuela, it can take my finance and other Venzuelans up to five years to get a first-time passport under the current political climate in Venezuela. Is it impossible for him to ever live with me in the USA until he gets this passport from Venezuela?

Does anyone know if there are any options for us?

I'd appreciate any help.

Originally posted by mikelowe View Post
    Hello,

So me and my partner (we are a gay couple) we live in Colombia and so far he doesn't have a passport from Venezuela (his home country) because the process will take years with the current climate.

From my understanding, because of the issues in Venezuela, it can take my finance and other Venzuelans up to five years to get a first-time passport under the current political climate in Venezuela. Is it impossible for him to ever live with me in the USA until he gets this passport from Venezuela?

I'd appreciate any help.
    He cannot enter the United States without a passport.
    2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
    4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
    4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
    4/19: Request to expedite EAD
    5/11: Received EAD
    6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
    8/09: Advance Parole approved
    8/29: Scheduled for Interview
    10/11: Interview
    10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
    10/16: Sent new G28
    10/19: Approved!

Comment

Originally posted by mikelowe View Post
      Hello,

I'd appreciate any help.
      There is a provision that says the passport requirement can be waived when applying for an immigrant visa for the spouse, unmarried child, or parent of a US citizen, unless the person is applying from their country of nationality and possession of the passport is required for departure. See 9 FAM 201.2-4(s) and 22 CFR 42.2(a). Your partner is indeed not applying from his country of nationality, but I am not sure whether this provision applies to fiances, and I am also not sure how he would leave Colombia even if he were able to get a visa with a passport waiver. Does Colombia have some kind of non-citizen travel document for refugees or other foreigners who are unable to obtain passports from their country of nationality?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X