Question about fianc? visa process and being out of the country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about fianc? visa process and being out of the country

I applied for a fianc? visa in February of 2019 and have since gotten confirmation that my initial application was received on 2-11-19 and forwarded to another office for review.

Based on research, it takes about 9 months to get a visa approved on average. I was wondering if there is anything against me leaving the country and going and spending a few months with my fianc?e before she gets approved to come to the United States? I would most likely go around August (will have been about 7 months since application for the visa) and would plan to be there for a few months with my fianc?e, waiting for the visa process to be finalized.

I know there is an income requirement and that is where my concern comes from. It is my understanding that this based on my last tax returns. I make well above the required amount (additionally by August, I will have made more than four times the required income). If I leave my current employer in order to be with my fianc? for a few months, and therefore am not employed when I leave but still have made well above the required income, would I still be eligible to meet the income requirement given my history of income over the last few years?

Thank you so much.

I wouldn?t suggest leaving your country because when they check your status at the US port of entry and they see that you have a visa pending then it might be a problem. As long as your visa is not approved I would recommend not traveling to the states. When I was waiting for my K1, my fianc? was visiting me.
    Good luck

Comment

My fianc? is the one waiting for her visa. I am a US citizen and so I would like to go to her country and wait for a few months for her visa to be approved. Would this be ok even with the income check?

Comment

Yes
        2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
        4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
        4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
        4/19: Request to expedite EAD
        5/11: Received EAD
        6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
        8/09: Advance Parole approved
        8/29: Scheduled for Interview
        10/11: Interview
        10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
        10/16: Sent new G28
        10/19: Approved!

Comment

Hello amelt22,

You are good to go man. You can do whatever you want during the waiting period. My fiance (currently wife) is the US citizen and while I was waiting for my papers we literally travelled the world lol. Keep in mind three important things though: 1. Constantly check online for your case status so you don't miss out on important updates in case they ask for more evidence (more paperwork) to submit at any point of time or once she gets her approval for an interview (schedule an exact date and time for an interview after completing the medical test). 2. While they say the process will take approximately 7 months for her to get visa approval, don't be surprised if it takes longer (thank you Trump administration) so keep that in mind when you plan things out (work, money and expenditure, etc...) 3. Once your Fiance is officially approved and you guys enter the US, you will have to go through the second part of this immigration process which is preparing the Green Card / Residence application and that includes another Affidavit of Support to be submitted from your side to guarantee that you have sufficient funds and you will not require any sort of government financial assistance. The reason this is very important is that they will look into your financial stability and ability to provide and be able to sponsor your Fiance so keep that as an important note if you are planning to be off work for couple of months.

All the best and let me know if you have any additional questions. Happy to help.

Esam

Comment

Originally posted by Esam89 View Post
            Hello amelt22,

You are good to go man. You can do whatever you want during the waiting period. My fiance (currently wife) is the US citizen and while I was waiting for my papers we literally travelled the world lol. Keep in mind three important things though: 1. Constantly check online for your case status so you don't miss out on important updates in case they ask for more evidence (more paperwork) to submit at any point of time or once she gets her approval for an interview (schedule an exact date and time for an interview after completing the medical test). 2. While they say the process will take approximately 7 months for her to get visa approval, don't be surprised if it takes longer (thank you Trump administration) so keep that in mind when you plan things out (work, money and expenditure, etc...) 3. Once your Fiance is officially approved and you guys enter the US, you will have to go through the second part of this immigration process which is preparing the Green Card / Residence application and that includes another Affidavit of Support to be submitted from your side to guarantee that you have sufficient funds and you will not require any sort of government financial assistance. The reason this is very important is that they will look into your financial stability and ability to provide and be able to sponsor your Fiance so keep that as an important note if you are planning to be off work for couple of months.

All the best and let me know if you have any additional questions. Happy to help.

Esam
            Hi. Thank you for the response. Where do you check the status online? I am filling out the application for non immigration visa since finance seems to fall under this category as the immigration occurs after marriage and the application process isn’t like the one for an immigrant visa where you create an account and then log in? Am I doing this correct?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X