Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J-1 Two Year Requirement - is 728/730 days suffiecient? (99% of two years)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-1 Two Year Requirement - is 728/730 days suffiecient? (99% of two years)

Hello all,

Me and my wife have been through the process of getting the K-1, and recently had our green card interview.
    We received a letter asking for more information, specifically asking for proof that the J-1 two year requirement was met.

After researching how to prepare this evidence we realized that the time that she visited the states doesn't count towards her two years, and she visited multiple times on a tourist Visa.

So previously we thought she had done more than enough time in her home country, but now realizing after doing the math that she spent 728 days in her home country instead of the full two years (730 days).

We are very nervous and going to consult a lawyer, but anxious to know if anyone else has had a similar situation and what to expect. I'm surprised this has only come up at the last step because we submitted the J-1 a long time ago.

Does anyone have any information that will help us feel better or worst case grasp reality of the situation and realize we are screwed? Thanks!
Working...
X