Error on I-797C regarding receipt of I-129F form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on I-797C regarding receipt of I-129F form

I received the NOA1 today in the mail and discovered my fiancée's country of birth is incorrect and contradicts what I wrote on the application.
    I have already sent in a typographical error form on the USCIS website and was informed I should expect a response by Oct. 22.

Will this suffice?

I also recently called the number on the I-797C form and was told to send a letter with attached supporting documents to the address on the form.

They sent this letter a week ago (arrived today) and since I'm in the UK, sending a letter will take another week, further delaying and presenting potential issues.

Is a letter really necessary? I don't have supporting documents except for my fiancée's passport that states where she was born. I didn't make copies of the I-129F.

Or is this not really a big deal and when it get sent to the NVC, they will notice/correct it?

This doesn’t matter now.

The assignment of the consular office is based on country of residence of the beneficiary. When beneficiaries apply for visas they can indicate the country of citizenship then. During the interview this will be further clarified. Finally when the visa is issued onto a the passport it will be crystal clear. Only if the nationality on the visa mismatches the nationality of the
    passport will there be a problem.

After point of entry and marriage you might get an RFE for adjustment of status. It might not get fully resolved until the interview. And even then the nationality of the green card might still be wrong. that will need to fixed if traveling.
    Last edited by Mike E; 10-05-2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X