Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa for Spouse of Citizen..frustrating??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa for Spouse of Citizen..frustrating??

Last August (2018), my wife (we were married in Australia in June, 2018) submitted the I-130 application...the accompanying cheque was cashed in November, 2018.
    During the next series of months, zero communications with USCIS..at one point my wife managed to speak to someone during her many, many attempts and they told her that accompanying passport photographs were not included..now, that is simply not true..

However, recently we contacted our congressman's Office and they resubmitted copies of all the documentation with varifying evidence of the "cashed cheque'.
    After another lengthy wait, my wife received her NOA and case file number..dated this past week...so much for the two to three weeks of notice upon receipt..
    My wife also received the location of the processing center, Texas.

Question, Am I to assume, the processing time for our application begins now?..

Hey Aussiearcher,
    no, the length of processing began when they should've mailed out your application to the Texas service center. Did they mail it out before but just forgot to send you a notice? or did they lose your paperwork and just stumbled upon it now and sent it to the Texas service center? In addition, you're aware that IR1s and CR1s have pretty length processing times, right? in the neighborhood of 14+ months to get approved...
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
      Hey Aussiearcher,
      no, the length of processing began when they should've mailed out your application to the Texas service center. Our application went in August 2018, as I said, zero action on NOA..Did they mail it out before but just forgot to send you a notice? Can't say and i'm sure they won't or did they lose your paperwork and just stumbled upon it now and sent it to the Texas service center? Ditto In addition, you're aware that IR1s and CR1s have pretty length processing times, right? in the neighborhood of 14+ months to get approved, Yes, but we can hope for something sooner...
      Thanks for the feedback..Cheers

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X