Remarrying my swiss Ex wife in america

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remarrying my swiss Ex wife in america

So please don't judge my crazy love story. I lived in germany and switzerland for almost 3 years and met a swiss girl, we fell in love got married and I ended up in switzerland. I hated it so much there and it took a toll on our relationship and we were fighting daily. After a year and a half of marriage we got divorced so I can move back to America, namely miami beach. I and her have rekindled our love and we love each other deeply. She is coming to visit for a week this and next month and our ultimate goal is we want to live in America and start over together again here. We have discussed that we want to marry again but it has become very stressful because we do not have the money to put down $5000 for a lawyer and to wait several months for a K1 visa is pretty rough. We are not sure at all what we could possibly do. Maybe when she is here we could just decide to go on a whim and tie the knot again but I see so many lawyers saying this is fraud and if she goes back to her home country this will affect her visiting me in the future with an ESTA(I was thinking we could apply for a visa when she goes back home). Maybe other people on this board have heard similar "crazy" love stories and/or maybe yours could help me have hope and an idea of what we should do next. We have no kids together.

Hey Blade,
    Don't worry, I've heard crazier stories.
    Your options are to apply for a (1) fiance visa any time even if she's here on ESTA (2) marry her in the US, she goes back to sw, you file for her I-130 spousal visa (3) you go to sw and marry her, you subsequently apply for spousal visa. Options 2, 3 avoid visa fraud because you're not doing adjustment of status while in the US on a tourist or ESTA. Option 1 is ideal for your situation. Let me know if you need further details about the K visa situation.
    -Prem
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X