Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it usually take to get the passport back after the interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it usually take to get the passport back after the interview?

Hello Everyone,

I had a K1 Interview with Mumbai Consulate on 04th October, 2019. I was told that my visa is approved, and that I would be intimated via Email or SMS within the next 3 to 5 business days. However for the 10 days post interview, the status on the consular website was Non Immigrant Visa Application - "Application Received". On 15th Oct, the status date was updated to 15th Oct, yet the status was application received.

I checked with the US Travel Docs, it says the passport is still with the US Consulate/Embassy. On 14th Oct, 2019 however, the status changed to "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."

When I call the customer care, I usually get the update as"Your documents are with the post". Should I be really concerned about this situation. Has anyone who has gone through the similar thing tell me how long did it take for you to receive the Passport back?

This happens all the time. The Mumbai consulate is the only one in India that processes K visas. So, things are normally backed up several weeks. You will just have to be patient. If 1-2 more weeks pass, you should email them and push them a bit to give you an update. In my experience, you will hear back any day now...
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X