Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling abroad BEFORE entering the US

Hey all,

My fiancée and I live in France together. I'm a US citizen so I am the petitioner wanting to bring my fiancée into to the US so we can live there together.

Once our visa is approved, BEFORE moving to the US, we would like to take a vacation to Thailand since my fiancée won't be able to travel abroad for a while after entering the US with her K1 visa. We would like to travel to Thailand for a few weeks, then come back to France to gather our things, then make the move to the US.

My question is: is it unrecommended to travel abroad once you've obtained the K1 visa from the embassy but BEFORE you've entered the US? Or is it fine to do so?

Thanks in advance.

Alexis,
    that's fine. It won't matter if you travel outside the US after approval. As long as you enter the US with an unexpired K visa, it shouldn't be a problem. Just be sure not to treat the K visa as a transit because there's only one entry on the K visa. Other than that, feel free to travel the world.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X