Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Form i-864 Questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Form i-864 Questions

    Hello,

    I am in the process of uploading documents. I've been living abroad with a re-entry permit and i have not filed taxes as i was unemployed in 2018 and recently started earning money in June 2019.
    I have a joint sponsor, however i am required to fill out a form i-864 as i am the petitioner.

    -What do i have to fill out in part 6 of my i-864 as i'm self employed as a freelance developer?
    - My individual annual income is the amount i'll earn this year or my current annual income?
    - In part 23a to part 25, what must i fill out in this section? Besides sending a letter with the explanation, Do i have to fill out tax year and write 0 on them?

    Thanks in advance for your help its much appreciated!

  • #2
    Green card holders, especially those with significant physical presence outside the USA, have a de facto requirement to file income tax returns whether the IRS required it or not.

    File your 2018 tax return first.
    Last edited by Mike E; 11-08-2019, 11:54 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by davidmx787 View Post
      -What do i have to fill out in part 6 of my i-864 as i'm self employed as a freelance developer?
      Not sure which question you are referring to

      Originally posted by davidmx787 View Post
      - My individual annual income is the amount i'll earn this year or my current annual income?
      It should normally be your current annual income, i.e. the current annual salary of your current job. However, since you are self-employed, I am not sure whether you would put an estimate or put last year's income.

      Originally posted by davidmx787 View Post
      - In part 23a to part 25, what must i fill out in this section? Besides sending a letter with the explanation, Do i have to fill out tax year and write 0 on them?
      According to the I-864 instructions, you put "N/A" for the total income from a year when you didn't file and were not required to file.

      This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

      Comment

      Working...
      X