Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spousal Visa Police Clearance...please help

Hello everyone
    I have been racking my brain, called my attorney and visa firm and others, even that other web forum, but nobody has been able to actually answer my question. If I cannot get help here, I am just going to stop asking.

Here is the situation. My Filipina wife (married 5 years) is living in Manila. We both lived and in China for 3 years. I worked, she did not. Now, it is about NVC time (NOA2 already in hand) and my Chinese/US attorney has been able--after 8 months---to secure my wife a PARTIAL POLICE CLEARANCE from China, for the final year we were there, but ehy will not issue for the two previous. Also, a bigger problem, is the Chinese notary office in China is flat out REFUSING to notarize the partial clearance.

The lawyer has documentation to show they have attempted with no luck to get this and it is totally our of our power. My wife can easily get her NBI clearance from Philippines, no problem. We have everything else...birth cert, stable income, etc.

I have read the State Dept and NVC website pertaining to this, so please do not send the link.

Does anyone know (personal experience) if the US Embassy in Manila will be understanding and just accept the partial Chinese clearance and the letter from the lawyer?

I am stressing out and losing sleep over this. If she cannot get a visa, it will upend our lives and destroy everything we have worked for.

Some guidance, help, or reassurance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Generally if an embassy is given a document that indicates that the a government agency denied a request for a document or denied that the document exists, the embassy will accept that.

As for the notary in China refusing to notarize the partial cert, I don’t quite understand what you mean. If you mean that the translation service is unwilling to verify and notarize their signed translation of a partial certificate, then find a different translator. You can find one in the USA.

Comment

Thank you, that makes me feel better. In china they have a special government notary office and they notarize papers. My wife (*in PH) had to get some affidavits and power of atty signed and authenticated in PH....and then send to china. And they are saying they may very well reject that. They are being difficult.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X