I-485 Request for evidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Request for evidence

I'm hoping someone can help me today with some information regarding my on going case.

I recently received a request for evidence on Feb 4th 2020 saying that me and my partner don't meet the 125% requirement. We submitted her tax documents from 2018 when we sent out package off and her gross annual $20000 & change. We are not 100% sure if that is what the USCIS but we also sent of assets value that also value way over the 125% but they are saying 'You don't meet the 125% poverty requirements". We are really confused as we thought we where way over?

However, she just changed job and now is earning gross of $24500 a year and that's way over the requirement to meet the 125% plus all our assets. Can we go by this rather than getting a joint sponsor?
    • When sending the request for evidence back do we have to send another I-864 with all updated tax documents and update the I-864 we sent in?
    • Do we have to send the pink form back or keep it as evidence that we received a request for evidence?

Your $20K alone isn't enough to support the 125% for 2 household members. If you used assets to make up the difference, did you follow the 3x rules of the cash value of the asset? is the asset "sellable" within one year? there are a bunch of things you have to do while using assets.
    If she's working now with over the minimum poverty limits, you can use her current income to sponsor you. I suggest you send the new I-864 using her new job info.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X