Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received a approved notice of action for I129F on Jan 16 but still no welcome letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a approved notice of action for I129F on Jan 16 but still no welcome letter?

We received our notice of action on Jan 16 and an email on Feb 18 saying "The National Visa Center sent your K1 visa petition to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in Hong Kong". She has been checking the mailbox everyday but nothing yet as of Mar 16. Is this duration normal?

The approval letter I-797 usually comes within 1-2 weeks after approval. if it's been this long, it must've gotten lost in the mail. You can request the USCIS to resend the approval letter. Despite that, you can still continue the visa process with the consulate (assuming Hong Kong consulates are open right now amid the covid-19 issue).
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
      The approval letter I-797 usually comes within 1-2 weeks after approval. if it's been this long, it must've gotten lost in the mail. You can request the USCIS to resend the approval letter. Despite that, you can still continue the visa process with the consulate (assuming Hong Kong consulates are open right now amid the covid-19 issue).
      Thank you. Her dad went to the post office and found it in a pile they were about to shred. So it indeed got lost in the mail but we are good now.

Comment

Good work. That helps because you definitely need the approval letter later on. As of right now, the NVC is closed for business, so you're going to have to wait a bit longer due to the COVID-19 issue
        --Good luck--
        Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X