Questions about K1 and K3 visas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about K1 and K3 visas

I'm a US citizen, boyfriend is Moroccan. We're exploring the options for closing the gap in our long distance relationship and the whole process is so confusing. I've done some research but still have questions...
    1. Are there income/employment requirements for him? I make more than enough to satisfy both the fiance visa and the green card minimums, but would he be denied if he is unemployed in Morocco? He is currently employed but is in the military and is not allowed to leave the country unless he quits, so he may not be able to find a job right away. Would they deny our application because of that?
    2. What are they looking for on the medical exam? Could he be denied because of mental illness?
    3. We would like to get married in Morocco. Does it make more sense to get legally married there and file for the K3 afterward? Or would it be easier to just have the religious ceremony there and apply for a K1 visa and get legally married here in the US?
    4. What are some reasons a K1 or K3 visa might be denied (other than the relationship not being bonafide?)

Thanks in advance for your help!usps tracking showbox speed test
    Last edited by ozunasawai4; 03-23-2020, 06:02 AM.

1. No income requirement for the beneficiary. However, it helps his "totality of circumstances" and public charge if he's employed or has assets, although none of that is required. No problem if he quits or is temporarily unemployed. Having past employment is a "positive" factor.
    2. Medical exams tests for diseases, physical illness, tuberculosis, and mental conditions. Yes, if he's got Class A inadmissible mental conditions, he may be denied.
    3. Your choice but don't use the K-3. Use the I-130 instead and don't bother with K3. Besides that, getting married in Morocco for Americans is a long process. Be sure to research before you make that decision.
    4. K1 may be denied if they suspect fraud relationship, not having enough financial support, and a host of other reasons--just like any other visa may be denied.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

K1 Fiance Visas are generally denied when the Petitioner fails to meet the requirements of a Fiance Visa, when the forms are incorrectly filled out and never corrected, or when there is a lack of evidence to support the claim of a genuine relationship

Cinema Hd.
      fmwaviva tv apk
      Last edited by bestivick; 01-18-2021, 06:12 AM.

Comment

1. There are no requirements for Beneficiary income. But it helps his “whole condition,” and if he works or has money, he complains in public. It doesn’t matter if they are retired or unemployed for a while. Low income is a “positive” trait.
        2. Medical examinations identify illness, physical illness, tuberculosis, and mental illness. Yes, if he has a Class A mood, he can refuse.
        3. Select, but do not use K-3. Use an I-130 instead and don’t worry about the K3. For Americans, getting married in Morocco is a long process. Make sure you check before making a decision.
        4. K1 can be denied as another visa for fraud, insufficient financial assistance and many other reasons.
        galacticraft thaumcraft decocraft
        Last edited by bestivick; 12-10-2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

There is no requirement on the beneficiary's income, but it increases his "all assets" and when he works or has money. he complained in public It doesn't matter if they are retired or have time off from work. Low wages are a "good" attribute. krnl omegax

Comment

1. Employment Requirements: While employment can strengthen a visa application, it's not a strict requirement. Your income can suffice, but his employment status won't necessarily lead to denial. However, the consulate might want evidence of his ties to Morocco.
            2. Medical Exam: The medical exam assesses physical health. Mental illness alone isn't a ground for denial unless it poses a threat to public safety. Provide accurate medical records.
            3. Marriage Location: Getting legally married in Morocco and filing for a K3 might streamline the process. However, the choice depends on your preferences and circumstances. Consult with an immigration attorney for personalized advice.
            4. Reasons for Denial: Apart from a non-bonafide relationship, common reasons for denial include criminal history, fraud, misrepresentation, and insufficient supporting documentation. Ensure thorough and truthful submission.

Consult with a professional immigration attorney to address specific details for your case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X