Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Applicant for K1 Visa

Hello,

We are considering to apply for K1 Visa for myself, the foreign fiancee, a canadian, is engaged with an American citizen, a US Veteran.
    We have been comparing K1 to K3 and both decided to go with K1 Visa, since it is the quickest way for us to be together.
    There's a couple things that we want to find out hoping that someone has a greater knowledge from this forum will be able to help us.

1. Paper Work : This is what we have collected from reading instructions from USCIS website that we think we need.
    - A Cheque for the Fee (Does this have to be an American cheque or can it be a Canadian Cheque?)
    - Form I-129F (sponsorship paper work it self)
    - Form G-325A (Biographic Info from both sponsor and beneficiary)
    - Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support) --> this case, we have his father to co-sponsor since his income isnt enough to cover for the income requirement.
    - Form G-1145 (text/email notifications regarding to our application auto clicker )
    - Letter of Intent to Marry (we made a letter saying that we are planning to get married within 90 days, blah blah, and then signatures from both of us)
    - Evidence of Relationship ( we have itineraries, pictures, skype conversations, phone bills) - hoping that this is enough.

--> Now, we want to know if this is all we need. We are planning to submit this application this coming June 2017.
    And, also how long does it take from the time we submitted this paperwork to the day I can enter the US?

--> We were also considering to hire an immigration lawyer to work on our paperwork, est. fee is $3600 + tax (CAD) and Government Fees.
    Would this be worth it?

Thank you so much. All your help will be greatly appreciated..
    Last edited by divinechimera; 03-22-2020, 12:08 PM. Reason: spelling

G-325A is not needed; it has been incorporated into recent versions of the I-129F.

I-864 is not needed. I-134 will be needed at the K1 visa application stage, and I-864 will be needed when doing Adjustment of Status in the US after the marriage.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by divinechimera View Post
      Hello,

We are considering to apply for K1 Visa for myself, the foreign fiancee, a canadian, is engaged with an American citizen, a US Veteran.
      We have been comparing K1 to K3 and both decided to go with K1 Visa, since it is the quickest way for us to be together.
      There's a couple things that we want to find out hoping that someone has a greater knowledge from this forum will be able to help us.

1. Paper Work : This is what we have collected from reading instructions from USCIS website that we think we need.
      - A Cheque for the Fee (Does this have to be an American cheque or can it be a Canadian Cheque?)
      - Form I-129F (sponsorship paper work it self)
      - Form G-325A (Biographic Info from both sponsor and beneficiary)
      - Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support) --> this case, we have his father to co-sponsor since his income isnt enough to cover for the income requirement.
      - Form G-1145 (text/email notifications regarding to our application
      - Letter of Intent to Marry (we made a letter saying that we are planning to get married within 90 days, blah blah, and then signatures from both of us)
      - Evidence of Relationship ( we have itineraries, pictures, skype conversations, phone bills) - hoping that this is enough.

--> Now, we want to know if this is all we need. We are planning to submit this application this coming June 2017.
      And, also how long does it take from the time we submitted this paperwork to the day I can enter the US?

--> We were also considering to hire an immigration lawyer to work on our paperwork, est. fee is $3600 + tax (CAD) and Government Fees.
      Would this be worth it?

Thank you so much. All your help will be greatly appreciated..
      1. The check must be from a US based bank.
      2. I-129F, yes, completed and signed.
      3. G-325a is not required. (in fact, it was discontinued several years ago)
      4. I-864, not required right now. You will need it later when you come to the US and get married
      5. G-1145, yes that's fine.
      6. Letter of intent - yes, this is required.
      7. Evidence of relationship - yes, highly recommended.
      8. There are many more documents that depend on your unique situation. For example, you may need to submit divorce documentation if you were previously married. If you need a I-129F checklist, you can use the official USCIS checklist for the I-129F or several offered from other websites (make sure they're up to date, though).

the typical timeline for the process is 5-10 months. Legal help is usually not required for most people. Most people do it on their own with a little help from online websites and forums. Don't spend thousands of dollars unless you absolutely need to.
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X