Birth Certificate (Iraqi)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certificate (Iraqi)

I need to know if Iraqi citizens have "birth certificates", got an rfe for one but we submitted ever other document Iraqi citizens use for Identification: Booklet, I.d card and passport.
    So should we write a letter, got to an embassy here in the U.S or have to get it from the Iraq

Apparently, they do. According to the US civil reciprocity tables, Iraq gives the "Shahadat Alwiladah". You can look it up and learn the procedures on getting them from the official website.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

A "birth certificate" is a foreign concept in many countries, including Iraq. People there typically don't have legal identification documents until they get married. They're registered at birth and then given a document called an Iqama, usually when they start school at age 6 or 7. U.S. officials have asked Iraqis to bring their Iqamas with them to interviews, but they may also ask for other documents that are in widespread use there: Booklet.

An Iraqi booklet is a small booklet that contains a person's name and address (usually), as well as the names of his or her parents and sometimes their photos. They're issued by cities or villages, not the government. Iraqis will often include them in their passport application packages for U.S. officials to see, in addition to their passports and Iqamas.

If you can't produce any of those documents, some U.S. officials may be willing to accept an affidavit — a sworn statement that you are who you say you are — as long as it's accompanied by some sort of proof that you have been living in Iraq for some time (such as photos of your home). www.imybkexperience.com www.mykfc-experience.com www.mybpcreditcard.one

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X