X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicknames Ds -160 form For K1 Visa

Hello,
    My fiance is filling out the Ds-160 form. There is a question
    Have you ever used other names (i.e. maiden, religious, professional, alias, etc ? She has 2 nicknames that is used with family and coworkers. However, these names have never been used in any legal documents or any legal capacity. Her name is Jenelyn but the call her Jen or Lyn. Does she have to list these names as other names used? I ask because these nicknames were presented as evidence to the USCIS in our initial I- 129F Application. It was used to show how we met( In the website chat). Thank you.

No, household nicknames or things your friends call you are not considered "other names used". The only names you'd put in "other names" are those that came from marriage, divorce, legal name changes, aliases, etc.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Nicknames are specifically asked when filing for I485, N400, Global Entry etc.
      DS160 does not specify nicknames.
      If you want to be extra safe, you can list them (example: Birdie-Nickname) And there is no harm in doing so

Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X