Form I-485 no receipt number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form I-485 no receipt number

I sent my I-485 application (along with work permit and advance parole applications) last 01/13/20 through Chicago lockbox and have not received an acknowledgment or receipt number for it. Though my payment via credit card was posted on 01/30/20. What does this mean? It’s been 6 months and still no word from them.

I’m in Seattle and urgently need to travel back to home country.

If they took your money, you should be in the system. Generally, you can submit a "I sent my forms and got nothing back" inquiry 30 days after the forms are delivered. Now in June, I've seen reports that processing in some cases has taken around 50 days.

You need to contact the USCIS customer service (perhaps through their website's chat box: ask Emma to talk to an agent.) Receipts will normally be issued within a week of your credit card being charged.

Let us know what the result is?

All the best!
    My status updates at: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/adjustment-of-status-i-485/733230-may-2020-filings?p=733643#post733643

online I-130 (receipt dated 7 May 2020) and I-485 (filed 3 June 2020, receipt dated 26 June ). RFIE (birth-certificate) delayed petition ~20 days. I-693 Deficiency notice received (1 Aug 2020). Waiting for biometrics notice (Indianapolis).

Comment

Thank you for the response, I really appreciate it husband and I have been really stressed about this. We’ve already tried calling USCIS, but there was no option for us to talk to an agent. We’ve also already sent them an email inquiry. We will try Ask Emma again to see if she could connect us to an agent like you suggested.

I’ll keep you posted here! Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X