Need Help: Request for Initial Evidence Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help: Request for Initial Evidence Message

Hello all! I am new to the site and in need of advice/help. Last year, I hired an immigration attorney to handle my finance visa application. We sent everything off and waited 7 months. Then today I received a notification of a “Request for Initial Evidence.” I am completely lost. I figured the attorney has done this a million times and would therefore dot all the I’s and cross all the T’s. My question is what is the difference between a Request for INITIAL Evidence and a Request for ADDITIONAL Evidence? I thought the names said it all, but I’m reading a bunch of different (contradictory) stuff on the internet. Now I’m confused and my fiancé is worried. The second question is does this mean another six months of waiting? I know no one can answer with certainty, but anecdotal evidence would at least give me an idea what to expect and how to proceed. I thank everyone in advance for helping a confused man.
    Last edited by JerzPoet; 02-03-2021, 12:39 PM.

They might be requesting for photos, your finances, call immigration and ask or speak with your attorney and get clarification. Just know that many attorney out there just want money. Google your attorney and see the reviews he/she has, some are ****. I filled aug 2020 and waiting for any info. It also depends on your state but covid19 has slowed alot of things and immigration officers might be working from home and this takes longer than expected. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JerzPoet View Post
      Hello all! I am new to the site and in need of advice/help. Last year, I hired an immigration attorney to handle my finance visa application. We sent everything off and waited 7 months. Then today I received a notification of a “Request for Initial Evidence.” I am completely lost. I figured the attorney has done this a million times and would therefore dot all the I’s and cross all the T’s. My question is what is the difference between a Request for INITIAL Evidence and a Request for ADDITIONAL Evidence? I thought the names said it all, but I’m reading a bunch of different (contradictory) stuff on the internet. Now I’m confused and my fiancé is worried. The second question is does this mean another six months of waiting? I know no one can answer with certainty, but anecdotal evidence would at least give me an idea what to expect and how to proceed. I thank everyone in advance for helping a confused man.
      RFIE means some piece of required evidence is missing to begin processing the case. The request should state exactly what is missing. Sometimes this is USCIS error, like they lost your photos (can happen if not clipped, like they throw away the envelope w/o looking for photos at the bottom for example), sometimes it is attorney error like forgetting a piece of evidence or a form, or sometimes it is that people forget something like to date a signature and the attorney doesn't catch it (or they don't catch it themselves if they file w/out an attorney).

RFE means that they had the basics and started processing the case and realize they need more info or proof of something.

In either case, USCIS pauses the case until they get the info/doc they requested. Then they start processing again. No one can tell what the delay is, except that obviously if you take 3 months to respond, the wait is at least 3 months...
      2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
      4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
      4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
      4/19: Request to expedite EAD
      5/11: Received EAD
      6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
      8/09: Advance Parole approved
      8/29: Scheduled for Interview
      10/11: Interview
      10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
      10/16: Sent new G28
      10/19: Approved!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X