Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-1 Fiance Visa Experience

Hi Everyone!

My boyfriend and I have been doing long distance for about a year and a half (US to UK) and we're looking at closing that cap next year - woo woo!

We plan on going with the K-1 fiance visa and I just wanted to see if anyone
    here had any experience with it? Is it easy to submit by yourself? Would you recommend doing it with an immigration lawyer? How long was the entire process? Did anything happen you weren't expecting?

We're starting to plan now and have read a ton of articles as well as looked through all the paperwork but I thought it would be nice to have some personal experience stories as well.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ceci1073; 10-14-2021, 10:22 AM. Reason: links

a K-1 is a pretty easy DIY....no expensive attorney is required...an immigration attorney will charge you around $2500 to essentially fill out basic forms for you...if you hate money, hire one....but their input is not considered a 'plus' by either USICS or any CO...all they have are overpriced opinions....and who needs those? If your foreign BF has not overstayed or been previously married 3 times or robbed banks, there should not be any issues requiring the input or 'assistance' from some ethically challenged immigration attorney...the average time start to finish could easily be 9+ months, not counting COVID induced delays.

Comment

I have recently applied for K-1 visa petition and it is pretty straight forward but be very organized and have all the paperwork in the right order. I hired an attorney just to have a 30mts initial consultation, a preliminary review of the filled-in application and the support documents and the final review after I implement the corrections/changes suggested by the attorney for $300. Within 2 weeks of sending the application packet I received a receipt from the USCIS. From this point on it's a long wait and see how it evolves.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X